• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach - [adult swim] broadcast.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Scormio wrote:
LydiaDianne wrote:

BTW - how many episodes are there in this arc?

I'm not exactly sure, but from what I remember of this point of the manga, it's gonna be awhile. Also, while this arc does have a definite "end", it more or less just jumps right into the next arc, leaving alot unexplained...not like the end of the Soul Society arc.

Look at the dates. The post that you're responding to refers to the Captain Amagai arc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Concerning episode 195, broadcast last night, I have one simple comment about the way it ends:

ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!

spoiler[Neliel's release form] was quite interesting, too, but that last scene was the moment I've been anticipating for a year and a half. (Would have been even more fulfilling if I hadn't already had an inkling that it was coming, but whatever.) I eagerly look forward to the explanation on how this came to be.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:11 pm Reply with quote
You know what I really hated Nel's kid side, her adult though is pretty cool, but spoiler[her release has been one of the few that I thought was actually cool.] And with those other two guys, I probably should like the reveal, but I am too frustrated that they had been playing weak this whole time. I did find the "thing" talk and censoring really funny though, probably as I have not been able to take this show seriously and seeing them do the same was good.

Also the end, next up is one of my favourite characters. Cool Still would have been beter if my brother did not decide to ruin it by finding a manga picture of it.
braves

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:09 pm Reply with quote
The scene at the end of the last episode actually put a smile on my face. Been a long time (ep. 166 specifically). This show needed something to rattle things up because the two fights that were going on were a complete bore.

I did find the censoring joke to be funny and a tad ironic, given the heavy level of censorship that's already happening (so you get your stomach destroyed and you get...water out of your mouth? A spear through your chest gets you a scratch? Am I imagining things here?)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:19 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:
I did find the censoring joke to be funny and a tad ironic, given the heavy level of censorship that's already happening

I'm pretty sure that was the whole point. I have never liked the antics of those two goofballs, but I found that whole "you don't want to see what he's really doing" self-censorship bit to be enormously funny. It's their best gag by a mile.

Quote:
(so you get your stomach destroyed and you get...water out of your mouth? A spear through your chest gets you a scratch?

I have a sneaking suspicion that at least part of what's going on there is a ruse. That Arrancar has been into mind games since his first appearance and this seems like another one.
Scormio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Coming up is my favorite part of the arc, especially with Kenpachi making his return Very Happy
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Concerning episode 195, broadcast last night, I have one simple comment about the way it ends:

ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!

I'm with you! I almost yelled "KENPACHI!!!!" Was great to see him. I'm sure he's going to be very happy with the upcoming fight!

Quote:
spoiler[Neliel's release form] was quite interesting, too, but that last scene was the moment I've been anticipating for a year and a half. (Would have been even more fulfilling if I hadn't already had an inkling that it was coming, but whatever.) I eagerly look forward to the explanation on how this came to be.

I like spoiler[Neliel's release form as well. ] The only other one that I like is Grimmjow's.

I've seen screenshots but I'm looking forward to seeing Halibel (sp?) and spoiler[Hitsugaya]
Raftina

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:33 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
I like spoiler[Neliel's release form as well. ] The only other one that I like is Grimmjow's.

Is it because you prefer the clean forms over the eldritch abomination/tentacle monster forms that characterize most other arrancars' release forms? That would not include Grimmjow's Fraccions, though.

Neliel showed her release before Nnoitra. How this fight will end should be expected.
troizen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only person who spent like half of the episode screaming at Orihime to hurry up and heal Ichigo?
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:46 pm Reply with quote
troizen wrote:
Am I the only person who spent like half of the episode screaming at Orihime to hurry up and heal Ichigo?

No. You weren't.

This episode was clearly just a set-up episode to let us know which Captains had arrived.

I think I'm going to enjoy the Mad Soul Reaper Scientist vs. Mad Espada Scientist fight. Should be interesting.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:32 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
I think I'm going to enjoy the Mad Soul Reaper Scientist vs. Mad Espada Scientist fight. Should be interesting.

My first thought on seeing who showed up there: ah, the biggest freaks on each side against each other, and ones with matching attitudes, too. It's almost poetic.

And the more I see of Captain Unohana, the more I think that we missed a good choice for the Coolest Character Tournament in overlooking her.

Next episode should be a lot of fun!
John Casey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:15 am Reply with quote
@Key: Szayelaporro isn't so much freaky as he is nasty - I mean, his Resurrecion's motif is a freaking parasitic worm and spoiler[his zanpakutou's original name was "Fornicaras", which they had to change in the dub to "La Lujuriosa"]. Between the two, Kurotsutchi is the much freakier one.
Kelly

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:29 am Reply with quote
Talk about an upsetting episode!

spoiler[After being gone for ages, Hanataro shows up again only to get stabbed by Rukia while trying to help her? What the heck!!! Great plot twist, but I'm going to be really upset if he's not okay. I would imagine that Rukia is going to freak when she finds out what she's done. Dang!]
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Kelly wrote:
Talk about an upsetting episode!

spoiler[After being gone for ages, Hanataro shows up again only to get stabbed by Rukia while trying to help her? What the heck!!! Great plot twist, but I'm going to be really upset if he's not okay. I would imagine that Rukia is going to freak when she finds out what she's done. Dang!]

I think the kid bounces pretty good. But you are right, she will be upset.

And Byakuya is arrogant, imo, but it is the arrogance of someone who is THAT DAMN GOOD!

Damn, another freak espada. Someone please assure me that Halibel isn't ugly freaky...that she's like Neliel and Grimmjow.
Zork

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:50 pm Reply with quote
In her fully released form, Halibel spoiler[is extremely good looking ] Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 99 of 107