• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bakuman. (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bunnyhopper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:28 am Reply with quote
Amidst the slew of incest/ero-anime shows this season, Bakuman provides a really nice laid-back but kinda realistic experience. I've read the manga, so this is sort of a recap for me, but I'm surprised how loyal the adaption is, and the production values so far have been great.

Every sunday now I look forward to finishing off my weekend with an episode of this, and getting ready for the next week lol.
kiddtic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:45 am Reply with quote
Woah!!! how wicked was that ending, it definetly had my heart rate go up. I just love how things ar happening in this anime, Im trying really hard not to read the manga coz the cliffhangers are just intence.

having to wait for a phone-call to know wether you won or not is really hard I've been there before. And that dude at the end was really asking for it gotta love Shujin though.

isnt it sad that Azukis'' friend is stuck with the idea that Takagi confessed to her?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ohoni

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:41 am Reply with quote
And that was the episode that begins the shift into the battle manga the series eventually becomes. Wink
Divineking

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:53 am Reply with quote
Another great episode. The thing I love about this series is that's it's very down to earth in how it does things. It's great to see that Saiko and Takagi aren't getting the fast track towards their goals. Looks like it'll be a bumpy ride for them.
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:00 pm Reply with quote
So, anyone else dare say it's slow? Yes? Well, remember what happened by the end of episode 8? I'll do that to you...

Okay, the outcome this time was unexpected. I still think it was really good of the merman guy to call them asap instead of delaying it regardless of the result.
Darksorrow29

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:20 am Reply with quote
I personally do not feel that the show is slow but I could see why someone may think that.

Anyway I just finished watching episode 9 recently.

spoiler[I don't know what I think about the whole "Mashiro" holding back Shuujin thing. The only reason I say that is they already mentioned that he's only been using the ink pen for however many months etc etc. Either way though I'm glad they did show Mashiro's thoughts of the whole ordeal.

I was surprised Iwase showing up at Shuujin's place, that was quite an event. Also, damn Shuujin for getting a girl friend, only in anime can a girl fall onto your lap like that Anime hyper.

Eiji also seems quite off his rocker... o.o]
kiddtic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:18 pm Reply with quote
haha yeah that little episode back at Shuujns' house was classic. I didn't know what he would do. You gotta give Azukis friend credit for patience and persistence. i really hope this show doesnt go down the high school romance life path coz thats not what im looking for in this
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:10 am Reply with quote
Just caught up with the last two episodes, not really that much to say, but with their idea of useing spoiler[swords] in the manga sort of the idea that spoiler[swords are more noble and that is why it is popular in various japanese culture.]

Actually I am happy now that it might be more then just the two guys talking to each other (or the two girls to each other). Well I totally saw that they spoiler[would not win the award, it is too early in the series for them to really get much credit, they are supposed to strugle or it would get boreing.]
Ohoni

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Episode 14 is a good jumping on point for people that got a little lost by the early episodes. It's the first episode to give Niizuma Eiji some real screentime, and gives a better idea of the long term vibe of the show (although it'll probably be episode 20 or so before they introduce the bulk of the extended cast).
kiddtic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:12 pm Reply with quote
I really really enjoyed episode 15, The series has been set up very well and i can tell where it is going from here its gonna be Epic. I have to say I like Nizuma Eiji's antics he's actually got a good personality he's just "misunderstood" he's very passionate about manga thats obvious and i can tel that he genuinely likes Ashirogi Muto.

Its competeition like that helps you grow you know. If anyone is still finding this boring then this is definetly not for you.
Darksorrow29

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:58 am Reply with quote
I've been quietly enjoying this show a lot and am really interested to see where it goes.

I found it very interesting how they both decided to go back to making spoiler[main stream manga again]spoiler[

Honestly I could see a lot of people being bored with this show, I guess it's an acquired taste. It's a nice way for me to round out and diversify my watching though. ]
SethMosrite

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:00 am Reply with quote
Darksorrow29 wrote:
I've been quietly enjoying this show a lot and am really interested to see where it goes.

Me too. I don't read the manga so could somebody tell me how far ahead it is?
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:56 pm Reply with quote
At the pace they're going? Quite far. Episode 15 was around chapter 19 of the manga, and the manga's up to 117 now. They haven't even introduced 2/3 of the cast yet (similar to Bleach, while the series continues to focus on those two, there's a large extended cast of other mangaka and supporting characters).
killmyself

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Season two is a lot better than season one thus far. I'm not sure if I even like this show I just think it has a more interesting premise than most shows so I keep watching.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:08 pm Reply with quote
I was quite happy with the developments of Episode 16, especially the last one. It gives the two of them something to fight over- a stupid fight - but they've been way too friendly- it's way past the point when the two have a significant argument.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 5 of 13