• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Most memorable anime *episode*?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Illumina

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Whats you guys' most memorable episode(not anime)? and why of course

I rarely remember the episode # of any specific anime, since i usually watch the whole serie at once, but episode 19 of RahXephon really stood out for me, and i prolly wont forget it anytime soon. spoiler[The episode starts out happy and peaceful, creating the romantic mood, then ends with Ayato killing Asahina, whom he thought he was still protecting]
Animefan16

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Right now, I would say the episode with the parody of South Park in FLCL because that was the first time I've ever seen a parody of an American cartoon in anime before
RedvsBlue

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Jupiter Jazz: Part I from Cowboy Bebop.

I specifically remember it for 2 reasons.

1. It plays my favorite song ever: Goodnight Julia, shows us some of the war on Titan including Gren's chilling scene with Vicious and the musicbox, and Callisto really captures the essence of what I think about when I hear the words "Cowboy Bebop". Gren's sad jazzy tunes, Spike kicking arse, and the bitter heartless man Vicious has become.

2. Finding out Gren was not ... normal. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop That was quite a shock. Originally I simply thought he was gay since he said to Faye "Women aren't my type." When that shower curtain was opened, I was completely blown away. Anime dazed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Definitaly the second (not sure) of gundam wing when Herro Said to Ms. Peacecraft, at the school when she handded him an B-day invitation, "I'll Kill you." or somthing along those lines. i personnaly thought it was funny.
bigbabidi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7 of Rurouni Kenshin. The first time the Battousai appears is definitely one of the coolest moments in any anime episode to me.
RedvsBlue

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:07 pm Reply with quote
bigbabidi wrote:
Episode 7 of Rurouni Kenshin. The first time the Battousai appears is definitely one of the coolest moments in any anime episode to me.

I'm really nitpicking here and I apologize for this in advance. Kenshin was technically battosai the manslayer but he hesitated when he simply needed to strike Jin-E on the ground right before Kaoru stopped him.

When he fought Saitou at the Kamiya Dojo, he was truly Battosai with every intent on killing his opponent without hesitation or regret.

A minor diffrence, but a notable one regardless.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Ken Hayashi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:16 am Reply with quote
Illumina wrote:
Whats you guys' most memorable episode(not anime)? and why of course

I rarely remember the episode # of any specific anime, since i usually watch the whole serie at once, but episode 19 of RahXephon really stood out for me, and i prolly wont forget it anytime soon. spoiler[The episode starts out happy and peaceful, creating the romantic mood, then ends with Ayato killing Asahina, whom he thought he was still protecting]

I totally agree with this one. Of the recent series I've watched, this one really stands out. I've watched it many times already, back-to-back even, and it still hurts. I can barely imagine what was going through Ayato's mind as he turned his head to his left and saw the lights in the windows of that building.

The closing of the last episode too was particularly impressive. As Haruka introduces herself to Ayato, "Mishima Haruka". Damn, that was a real knock-out!
balla

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:36 am Reply with quote
what a tough question the toughest one i've seen since I was on this forum. Hmmn I would have to say either Jupitor jazz of cowboy bebop because of the music and other tha eps 5 beforehand it was the only episode up to that time that was major in plot. then I would have to say the last episode of berserk for obvious reasons, and as well the kenshin episode when he fights soijiro. this might get changed when I finish watching X.
keyz13

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:39 am Reply with quote
JInchuu wrote
Quote:
bigbabidi wrote:

I'm really nitpicking here and I apologize for this in advance. Kenshin was technically battosai the manslayer but he hesitated when he simply needed to strike Jin-E on the ground right before Kaoru stopped him.

When he fought Saitou at the Kamiya Dojo, he was truly Battosai with every intent on killing his opponent without hesitation or regret.

A minor diffrence, but a notable one regardless.

I agree with Jinchuu,
But the most memorable episode was when the first time Saitou Hajime appears in Rurouni Kenshin which is the first episode of the Shishio saga and also the first time my favourite bgm 'Departure' appears Very Happy .
jfrog

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:45 am Reply with quote
The episode 'Speak Like a Child' from Cowboy Bebop. I love it because it starts out as one of the lighter episodes in the series, which makes the scene where they watch the video even more poignant. And I absolutely adore the opening shot of the episode, too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Realfolkblues

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:18 am Reply with quote
Hmm...I'd have to say either Episode 17 or 22 of Cowboy Bebop. Jet having all the revelations, then forgetting them, was too damn funny. It's also hilarious seeing Andy as a samurai.
Fenrir

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:35 am Reply with quote
Right now it has to be one of the early Full Metal Alchemist episodes where Scar kills the Chimera named Nina that episodes just blew me away and after that I was and still am hooked like it was crack.
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:58 am Reply with quote
Episode 8: Hello Baby of the Tenchi Muyo OAV. Very rarely in anime have I come across an episode that focuses so much on showing the characters in a more day to day setting and on developing the series' characters and succeeds on the level of Hello Baby.
ShellBullet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:04 am Reply with quote
For me the endings of a series are usually the most memorable. Some series that ends that really stuck out for me were Cowboy Bebop(duh), Kikaider, and Crest of the Stars. Each one of these shows left me with my jaw open wide in amazment at what had just happened.
TF

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:38 am Reply with quote
The White Majin from tekkaman blade (i know, i overdo it sometimes with this series Embarassed )
reason?
d-boy gets together with jis group again, and more importantly, he finally admits that he loves aki Anime smallmouth
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5