• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anyone ever use [This is a known Bootleg Site]?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlaking

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:35 pm Reply with quote
I been looking for Project A-Ko recently and found the collector's series set [img=http://www.[This is a known Bootleg Site]/project-a-ko--the-collectors-series-907-p.asp]here[/img] .

Is this set legit (it is not the same cover found on Amazon and Right Stuf, maybe the reserve of the box) and is the site legit as well?

EDIT: I guess I got my answer posting this.
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:14 pm Reply with quote
For future reference, the reverse of the A-ko collector's set is a text blurb with a smallish closeup of the 3 girls (takes up maybe a quarter of the box or so.) CPM typically didn't do full wraparound art. Also, the box is of the folded-over cardstock variety... in other words, it's not the most study thing out there. You could probably save yourself some money by going the singles route instead- especially considering that Discotek liscensed the original Project A-ko back in July, meaning you'd just need to pick up the Love & Robots and Uncivil Wars DVD (both still on TRSI, by the way), then hold out for the new DVD to complete the series.
jlaking

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:11 pm Reply with quote
I have tried to get Love & Robots at Right Stuf with my last two orders there but both orders were canceled by manufacturer.
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:28 am Reply with quote
That's kind of odd- normally TRSI pulls those listings shortly after the cancelled orders start in.

Well, that being the case, they're still pretty cheap at Amazon. Singles are still your best bet.
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:39 am Reply with quote
When I`m on the mail forum page, the name of the site in question is displayed clearly. Confused

Anything the staff can do to rectify this?
jlaking

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:34 pm Reply with quote
DuelLadyS wrote:
Well, that being the case, they're still pretty cheap at Amazon. Singles are still your best bet.

I keep an eye on there for 'Fulfillment by Amazon' since is it cheaper to ship to Canada that way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1