• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Precure?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sailorjupiter222

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:16 am Reply with quote
any fans of it here?
i love precure it is one of my favorite animes
(forgive me if this sucks but this is my first post)
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:26 am Reply with quote
  • Hello, and welcome to the forums! Cool
  • I'm sorry, but I'm not familure with Precure; however, I would like to say that proper punctuation is preferred here. I hope that you enjoy your stay here.

Again, Welcome! Smile
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:38 am Reply with quote
I have only seen about half of the original Futari wa Pretty Cure series, and I did enjoy it a bit. However, I do not like the character designs for the following spinoff series, and they seem to get worse and worse as it goes on. What happened to the nice character design that the first had?
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:27 pm Reply with quote
garfield15! I summon you!!! No wait... does garfiel15 like precure?...I know he's a fan of...

Anyways, I only started watching Precure with it's current season of Heartcatch. And the only real reason I started watching it was because a few people from the Casshern Sin series where working on it. I really love that guy's style as of late. But I have to admit I was pretty surprised I've enjoyed the series as much as I have. A really traditional, almost generic, but at the same time a really fun and well done series. The amount of action was a big surprise since I expected more magical type stuff rather then the more hands on approach the Precures use. The voice actors are great too. A really nice chemistry going on between them all.

I have to reiterate; I really like the character design for Heartcatch. I've seen clips form the older precure stuff but the animation and style of this season just stands out to me and is just so dynamic in my opinion. The way the camera moves through shots and just the overall style is what drew me to the series. I was a worried that the animation and style we saw in Casshern Sin would be lost as they moved onto this series but those worries where quickly dispelled. It's a nice return to a genre I haven't watched since some time ago. I will definitely be a bit more open to it in the future.
pasteloverdose

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm a fan of magical girl shows, so Precure is one of those big franchises I've been meaning to get into forever. (Is Precure now a bigger franchise in Japan than Sailor Moon?) I've seen a little over 20 episodes of the first series, and I've heard a lot of great things about Heartcatch recently.

As far as the first season goes, I think the best part of Precure is the action scenes. I'm not sure about this, but weren't they directed by someone who worked on Dragon Ball Z? Anyways, you've got to love how the Cures actually fight instead of relying on magic all the time, but as far as the "magic" part goes, I don't like how spoiler[the transformation scenes/attacks never change]. Gets boring after a while.

Overall, I think Precure has a lot of potential, with its focus on needing other Cures in order to transform/attack, so a lot could be done regarding the characters and their relationships. I don't think the first season tapped into that potential so far, though. Maybe it's because I thought Cure White was a more interesting/unique magical girl (booksmart, responsible, actually enthusiastic about becoming a magical girl) than Cure Black, and the first series seemed to focus a little more on Cure Black, whose attitude is more typical as far as magical girls go.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1