• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Eden of the East -- discussion thread.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lil Kis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Thanks I guess I gotta wait for the movies before I watch the entire series. Are the movies better than the show? Also how long is each movie?
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:29 pm Reply with quote
My review of the series, including my thoughts on the movies, are a few posts above.

Even though I know they probably won't, Funimation really should release the two movies together. the first of the two movies is entirely unsatisfactory on its own and it only when watching them together that the weakness of the first movie are lessened
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lil Kis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Thanks but again when will the movies be released in america? Also are the movies better than the show? Also ho long are each movie? Thanks
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:43 pm Reply with quote
^^
Those questions and more can be answered on the encyclopedia page (there's a link on the first page of the thread), if there were US release dates they'd be there [edit- Funimation announced the first movie is being released March 22], the movies are 82 and 93 minutes long and the movies are rated lower than the series.

I would agree though that this thread could do with more actual reviews of the movies from other members, not many people here have really weighed in on them in this thread.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kiddtic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:22 am Reply with quote
I just saw King of Eden.

Whats there to say..disapointing to a certain extent but not a bad movie. It really didn't resolve much and didn't feel like a "stand alone movie."

I know its a series but did they really hav to split up like this?

Anyway, the movie is basicaly aboutspoiler[ Saki bringing Takizawaw who lost his memory AGAIN back to Japan where his request to be King is being met.]

Dont watch this with high expectations it certainly feels like its leading up to something with a bang.

I really hope they release/licence the two movies together...What too much to ask for really?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:31 am Reply with quote
It might happen later on in a boxset years down the road, but the first movie is scheduled for a March release by itself from Funimation who released the series a month or two back. Paradise Lost is also licensed but hasn't been dated yet. I'd say April or May for that.
Lil Kis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Thank god their releasing the movies here. I never got to watch Hell Girl season 2 and 3 because they didn't liscence those shows for american audiances with dub versions.
Lil Kis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:21 pm Reply with quote
What is sooo good about this show without any spoilers
Ian K

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:38 am Reply with quote
Quote:

*facepalm*

Look, I'm glad you're here on this forum, and I'm glad you're having fun and finding new anime to get into. But, it's kind of frustrating to see you asking over and over again "Is Show X any good?"

Now, this time you asked the question in an existing thread instead of creating a new one just for the question, and that's good. However, it still comes across as laziness, like you are asking a question that you could easily answer yourself with a little work.

I mean, considering that people have been discussing Eden of the East in this thread for 20 pages, why don't you just read the thread? And if you search for Eden of the East in top right corner and select '"Views" you'll see all the reviews, Shelf Life's, and any other editorials that might talk about Eden of the East.

If you don't feel like ANN reviews are very helpful for you personally, there are a lot of other anime review sites out there. THEM Anime Reviews, The Anime Review, The Otaku Review, AICN Anime, Anime On DVD, Otaku USA, The DesuDes Brigade, all of these sites feature pretty good reviews. Sure, sometimes they'll disagree with each other, but that'll happen any time you ask for an opinion.

The bottom line is: I'm not trying to drive you off, insult you, or get you to stop asking questions. I'm just suggesting that you do a little more research first. That way you can contribute in a more constructive manner, and other people won't be frustrated about repeatedly being asked the same question. It's a win-win scenario.
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:52 am Reply with quote
Lil Kis wrote:

The opening song.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Lil Kis wrote:
Thank god their releasing the movies here. I never got to watch Hell Girl season 2 and 3 because they didn't liscence those shows for american audiances with dub versions.

Your fault for not watching the anime you claim to regret missing since any Region1 release in America is intended for American audiences.
excaliber736

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:41 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Lil Kis wrote:

Your fault for not watching the anime you claim to regret missing since any Region1 release in America is intended for American audiences.

Not only that, but the show is available online with fansubs, which are usually pretty good, so if you aren't watching it then its your own choice and you shouldn't complain about it Wink
Lil Kis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:58 pm Reply with quote
I like my anime dubbed though. Sorry!
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Lil Kis wrote:
I like my anime dubbed though. Sorry!

Then say that instead of implying sub-releases are in someway not intended for American audiences. My citizenship does not determine what I can or can not watch.
Lil Kis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Back to Eden of the east though. I bought this but haven't watched it yet. why did they make it an 11 episode series when usually anime shows are 13 or 26 episodes long.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 20 of 21