• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[done] (renamed thread) Purge: Jun OKUDA (#137)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Jun OKUDA should get a kanji name of 奥田 淳 for Key Animation in episode 11 of Kūchū Buranko (TV) (kanji source: livedoor wiki).

But when I tried to set the kanji family name to 奥田 it was rejected with the message: "This info is correct, but the given name isn't".

I was then able to set the kanji given name to "淳" but even after this the kanji family name is still locked.

Apparently both names have been hidden (with the given name tagged as "erroneous"?), and the hidden family name can't be overwritten with the same value.

So please unhide the kanji family name 奥田 for Jun OKUDA.

Last edited by Devil Doll on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Have you even tried inputting the kanji? The reason this was hidden is that it clashes with Atsushi Okuda, which is assumed to be his official name. I noticed that Allcinema lists his reading as Jun, but Animation Creators Encyclopedia and Hatena have him as Atsushi. I think "Atsushi" is how he tends to be credited in R1 releases (it what I've known him as, at least).
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Well of course I tried, or what do you think how I got the error message I quoted? Confused

But the rest of your posting sounds as if I ought to move the 10 credits from Jun to Atsushi and make this a purge request, did I get that right?

Both kanji names set in round brackets for the time being.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Devil Doll wrote:
Well of course I tried, or what do you think how I got the error message I quoted? :?

Sorry, that sounded confusing. I meant trying to enter the credit with the kanji for Kūchū Buranko. You would have gotten Atsushi Okuda's name then.

Devil Doll wrote:

But the rest of your posting sounds as if I ought to move the 10 credits from Jun to Atsushi and make this a purge request, did I get that right?

Yes, go ahead. It seems it was already decided at one point, as some really old credits were purged and added to Atsushi, but Jun got some new credits added to it since then. All of the credits are confirmed under the 奥田淳 entry on Sakuga@wiki, so there doesn't seem to be anyone else in the mix at least:
http://www18.atwiki.jp/sakuga/pages/455.html
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:34 pm Reply with quote
13 credits in 10 anime flagged for Jun OKUDA; this thread referenced in each error report.

11 credits in 10 anime added for Atsushi OKUDA (two were already contributed, in a third anime the Key Animator Atsushi OKUDA was already credited for Animation Director as well).
Sources of the credits for Jun OKUDA used for Atsushi OKUDA when usable, http://www18.atwiki.jp/sakuga/pages/455.html otherwise.

Temporary kanji names of Jun OKUDA deleted.

Thread subject renamed.

Please hide all credits of Jun Okuda.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Devil Doll wrote:

Please hide all credits of Jun Okuda.

All done.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1