• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
fall anime preview

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
berz1218

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:45 am Reply with quote
where can i find information on the new anime lineup for the fall season in japan?
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:44 am Reply with quote
There are preview guide features here at ANN, but there isn't a fall 2004 guide up yet. For the past two years the preview guides for fall have been in October so we should be seeing one soon.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:42 am Reply with quote
Fall tryout list for Aila:
Bleach, Tactics, and that rumored new Stellvia series if it really did make it to production.

I think the new anime season officially begins around the end of the first week of October or something.
kainzero

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:06 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:27 am Reply with quote
*looks at list*

Quote:
10/06 18:30 Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters GX

There's another season?! Shocked

I thought the arc they're showing in KidsWB is the final season.
Sarki-Kun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:01 pm Reply with quote
The site that Kainzero linked has a link to a website called Moonphase. So, this is the link,

http://www.moonphase.cc/Html/anime.html

I expect it's mainly the most preview for anime in Japan (during fall, of course). I'd have to say that it's in japanese, so many titles may be difficult to understand except by...except by...Since this is the anime for Japan, and will be seen in Japan...Nah, forget about it. Use an internet translator if you have problems...
kainzero

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
and that rumored new Stellvia series if it really did make it to production.

On the moonphase site, it says

2005以降 宇宙のステルヴィア 続編

meaning
2005 or later
Stellvia (Continuation)

i just remembered really liking the red haired girl's sister. the show better be about her =P
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
There are preview guide features here at ANN, but there isn't a fall 2004 guide up yet. For the past two years the preview guides for fall have been in October so we should be seeing one soon.

Emerje

That depends on who is writing it... Zac used to do it, but he's exclusive to Anime Insider now, and I did one with Cassandra this past spring. I haven't heard if they plan on having anybody writing it, such as the new reviewers and whatnot, so who knows?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:55 pm Reply with quote
There's a list of what's will be showing here, but not much in the way of commentary behind it...

Looks like some good stuff and some not-so-good stuff, as always. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:19 pm Reply with quote
New Stellvia? Huzzah! Between that & the new Full Metal Panic! series, I already have a couple majour titles to look out for in 2005.

As for this season, I just now realised there's a Yakitate!! Japan TV series coming out soon. Not bad, now I at least have something more than Gundam SEED Destiny and Ah! My Goddess TV to look forward to (A!MG is coming out this fall, right?).

Of course, some of the other series listed in that link kainzero posted look interesting based on their websites (Samurai Gun, Tsukuyomi ~Moon Phase~, Kannadzuki no Miko), and there are some rather popular names that I'm interested in checking into (Bleach, Tactics), but there's been very little to actually grab my attention about this coming season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
cyrax777

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:16 am Reply with quote
oooh going to be a busy season

new To heart,, Moon phase looks cute ill have to check that out.

Im definatly looking foward to Gunbuster 2!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:05 am Reply with quote
Hmm, only a few new shows so far have really perked my interest. I know I want to see Fantastic Children (has sort of a Miyazaki/Tezuka look to it) and Gankutsuou (very unique and vivid animation that really cought my eye in the trailer) but I'll probably give a lot of these shows a go, never now what might actually be hidden in there (I'm glad I gave the first episode of Windy Tale a try, it's a fun and whimsical series).

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jfrog

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:08 am Reply with quote
Yay for Windy Tales! Such a great series. I hope it gets liscensed soon. I'm mainly looking forward to Fantastic Children and...um, Fantastic Children. Gankutsuou looks like it has a chance to be good, but given GONZO's track record, I'm not going to get my hopes up too high. I think that there's also a new Matsumoto anime out, that has me both excited and worried. Mostly the latter, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:12 am Reply with quote
Here's a list of upcoming anime.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Yakitate! Japan - based on the manga, it can be said to be a sports anime of sorts, where the "sport" in question is... competition baking? It's weird and funny. If the anime is half as good as the manga, it's a must-see.

Another one to look forward to is Genshiken, based on the manga, which accurately skewers the anime/manga otaku crowd. This one will hit a little close to home for some viewers, but I find it very amusing.

- abunai
kainzero

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:39 pm Reply with quote
so far i've watched maihime and it's pretty good =P the style reminded me of RoD TV, although maihime is more comedic and also... has more of a comicbook feeling? i dunno how to describe it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2