• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Eternal Family mislabeled as a series?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aoi_Sakaraba

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:11 pm Reply with quote
I looked into it, went to wikipedia, then went straight to the "official" website which leads me to believe this should be considered an OAV.

It was originally many 30 seconds clips, but then these clips were thrown together.
http://www.studio4c.co.jp/works/eternal_family/
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:46 pm Reply with quote
The trivium is quite true:
Quote:
These are actually 53 episodes that are 30 seconds each, and collected as one short movie. The DVD was released in Japan on 2004-07-23

Originally as a commercial for InfoSphere (NTT PC Communications), Studio 4°C calls it "short movie 53-eps series" (ショートムービー53本シリーズ) in the product list. That so-called "OVA" in the English Wikipedia was made SEVEN YEARS after the original broadcast.

By the way, apparently the webmaster of Studio 4°C doesn't know the difference between minutes and seconds in English (sigh).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1