• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Fans, We Need Your Help!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lxxragnarokxxl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:11 pm Reply with quote
hi everyone Very Happy . i'd like to thank those of you who have taken their precious time to read this post. a group and i have decided to make a Petition to bring the Crest/Banner of the Stars novels (aka Seikai no Monshou/Senki) over to the U.S. as of right now, no plans have been made to bring them over in the forseeable future Sad . hopefully, we will obtain enough signatures on the petition to make a positive impact on the publishers we plan to send the petition to, but we'll need your help in order to make it happen. please take a moment of your precious time to sign the petition at the link. all that is required is a name or screen name, nothing more. i thank you on behalf of everyone involved in this petition and you can take enormous pride in yourself knowing that you contributed to a great cause in bringing the Seikai novels to the U.S.! Thank you again Smile
lxxragnarokxxl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:20 pm Reply with quote
one3rd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:18 pm Reply with quote
lxxragnarokxxl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Interesting article...Although the petition ultimately may not succeed, it has achieved a result: it is buidling awareness for the Seikai series. It has been sorely neglected by the companies out there that obtain the license to this wonderful series. It has little to no promotion, therefore making the series unbeknownst to everyone but those who have already seen the anime and read the manga. By letting people know of its existence and by spreading word of the fine achievement of anime it is, our group of Seikai fans and I have succeeded, even if only one person signs the petition. My aim is to raise the awareness that such a fine piece of work Mr. Hiroyuki Morioka has created is out there, waiting to be viewed and read, and if by chance, luck, or divine intervention the Japanese novels are brought here, then our group of loyal Seikai fans and I have accomplished more than we could have hoped for. We do not care if the petition fails and we pay no heed to what anyone has to say about e-petitions failing. What we do care about is the fact that we made an attempt to bring something to the States in spite of failure, something that would make anime and Seikai fans alike very happy. Thank you.
lxxragnarokxxl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:07 am Reply with quote
now, if anyone would still like to sign the petition, we could use all the support we can get Very Happy . your efforts won't be wasted Wink
Goshin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:11 am Reply with quote
You’re persistent aren’t you?
lxxragnarokxxl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:25 am Reply with quote
Just remember this: perseverance, honor, integrity, patience and all the good virtues that are in this world will always lead you to success, albeit you may not achieve complete success. What I'm doing is raising the awareness level for Crest/Banner of the Stars and even though I may not get as many signatures as I need, everyone of those people who signed can be proud to say "At least I did something to help out all the Seikai and anime fans." Failure is only how you perceive it to be.
lxxragnarokxxl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:27 am Reply with quote
so...i'll be counting on your support everyone! please sign the petition and we'll see if we can influence those publishers Very Happy
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:58 am Reply with quote
I like the CotS novels (as much of them as I can understand, anyway)...

The problem with online petitions (or real-life petitions) is that there is no obligation for anyone who signed the petition to actually purchase the book.

One classic example of a company taking a gamble on a petition is Viz, who responded to a 10,000-signature uncensored DB manga petition.. They agreed to produce a run of uncensored DB manga.

... and guess what? It didn't sell.

If you want a petition to be successful, you'd need at least 20,000 or 30,000 signatures to guarantee that even a minimal amount of people would actually buy it.

Rather than a petition, if you convinced people to call in or write in (with a hand-written letter) it shows that they've taken the time and are more likely to purchase the book BECAUSE of the time they spent.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1