• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
I gots a question? [Bumping & Resurrecting Threads]

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beau8th

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:17 pm Reply with quote
I have a question? Why cant you bump threads here? Cause the thread is good to reply in but I will bump, Do I just create it again or leave it? (oviously) Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Are you talking about "bumping" or "resurrecting"?

Bumping a thread refers to adding an essentially empty post for not other purpose than to bring it back to the top of the thread list.

Resurrecting a thread refers adding your two cents worth to an old, "dead" thread.

Bumping is not allowed, because if a thread has not been posted in a while, it means no one has anything to say about it. period. Bumping is an annoying, immature practice reminiscent of the little kid in the corner that won't shut the *(&^!! up about whatever topic it is that no one else cares about.

Resurrecting is allowed providing you're adding something new and worthwhile to the thread. For example, if you find a two year old thread about Why so-and-so did such-and-such in SomeAnime, and you happen to have an idea that no one else brought up then, please, by all means feel free to resurrect the topic. On the other hand, if you merely want to say "I agree", please, don't. And please do not resurrect list threads (what's your favorite...).

If a particular topic has not been brought up in a long time, we don't particularly mind a new thread being started on it. We do prefer that people look through the last two or so months of topics (actually, use the search) but we don't, by any means, expect people to look through every thread for the past 6 months to see if the topic was previously discussed.

-t
beau8th

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:01 am Reply with quote
OH okay, I get you thanks. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1