• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Exaella (OVA).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:32 pm Reply with quote
http://www.exaella.cyberpunk-anime.com/

Anybody buy or watch this. Promo's look kinda of interesting, but nothing on ANN about it.

The way the trailer is done, really doesn't show much of the actual animation, so a bit wary.
Key

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Although it does seem to have Japanese as its original language and a Japanese-sounding name for a co-producer, I'm not sure that it actually qualifies as anime. I get the impression that this is more of a one-man creation by someone who looks to be Russian.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
86mikekl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:24 pm Reply with quote
I've just seen Exaella. I am calling it anime. Just very weird... Anyway... the story is about a cyborg/robot who wakes up and she becomes hunted by security. She gets help from a little girl (probably cyborg/robot too) and a human soldier. They try to save "her" people and escape from there. Not bad, but too weird for me. Those who like cyerpunk might enjoy it more. It's only 4 episodes. I rate it so-so.

Edit: The closest anime I've seen is probably Ergo Proxy which I enjoyed a lot more.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:56 pm Reply with quote
86mikekl wrote:
I've just seen Exaella. I am calling it anime. Just very weird... Anyway... the story is about a cyborg/robot who wakes up and she becomes hunted by security. She gets help from a little girl (probably cyborg/robot too) and a human soldier. They try to save "her" people and escape from there. Not bad, but too weird for me. Those who like cyerpunk might enjoy it more. It's only 4 episodes. I rate it so-so.

Edit: The closest anime I've seen is probably Ergo Proxy which I enjoyed a lot more.
Checking out the website and reading your descriptions make it sound like it has a lot of similarities to Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis film adaptation. Exaella is possibly a work considered to be homage to, or inspired by that film. At any rate it piques my interest.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1