• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New to Manga

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amitch91

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:19 am Reply with quote
Hi everyone:) i have been watching the Ghost in the Shell and the Neon Genesis Evangelion anime series and i'm now looking to move into the Manga versions of these series, would anyone reccomend these Manga's ?

Thanks in advance Very Happy
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Most volumes of NGE are impossible to find. But Ghost in the Shell, as well as Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex are both in print from Kodansha and are very good (at least the former, if you've seen the SAC anime, you probably don't need to read the manga Razz).
Brand

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:25 am Reply with quote
If you look around for used copies of NGE it isn't that hard to find. Try used book stores and comic book stores to find copies. If you just want to read them you might have luck at the library.

Though the problem is they were printed flipped, un-flipped, and then un-flipped in a smaller size. So, if you care about them all matching that is much, much harder.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tamaria

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Well, sure, finding them is the easy part, buying them will give you more trouble if prices are like this:
volume 8
volume 9
volume 10

It's a great adaption, but unless you're a HUGE fan of the series, it's not worth collecting right now. So yeah, check your local library.
ninja noir

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Dark Horse have three ghost in the shell manga available, and I think that Kodansha have printed a newer edition too.

Well, if you like Ghost in the Shell, you might want to check out Appleseed by Masamune Shirow, who was the creator of GitS. It is only four volumes long too.

I know that they aren't manga, but there are three Stand Alone Complex light novels available, written by Junichi Fujisaku, who i believe was actually one of the scriptwriters for the TV show.

They are called:

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - The Lost Memory

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Revenge of the Cold Machines

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - White Maze

(Those were in correct order, BTW.)

I hope that helps you a bit. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1