• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ending of Space Pirate Captain Harlock -The Endless Odyessey

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsyxx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:07 pm Reply with quote
(SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!):

Just finished this show. I thought it was excelent. The ending though seems to be a little cryptic. It would seem that either Tadashi Daiba or Harlock would have to have died. It would seem they would've left it open, but then comes the closing animation. It shows Tadash walking away to some place I can't pin-point. It then shows the entire crew on the side of the Arcadia. Then it pans over to Tochiro and to the young girl (who resembles his daughter from the first series I think, but isn't the same character). Obviously, Tochiro is dead in real time before Harlock entered the other dimension. Then it pans over to Harlock. Does this mean Harlock bought it? It also could mean Tochiro came back with him from the other dimension, but I thought by their earlier coversation it was suggested otherwise. To my complete dissapointment Rintaro and Leiji didn't explain this in the interviews on disc 2. Does anyone have any thoughts?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1