• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rurouni Kenshin - Seisouhen

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 12:28 am Reply with quote
I'm sorry to say, but I'm very disappointed at the reviewer who wrote the review for Rurouni Kenshin - Seisouhen (OVA 2). For some reason, maybe the way he wrote the review, it seems like that he has never seen the series, making the film unimportant in his opinion. I only think it would be fair if another person who already viewed the series reviewed the movie to.o This way, the significance of the movie can be brought out. Because someone who view an OAV without watching the series will get a misconception of the the movie is about. Well, that's my opinion anywayz.
Slim Shinji
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 8:56 am Reply with quote
I'm afraid I'm a little confused by your statement regarding the "movie". I've seen every Kenshin anime with the exception of the last 12 or so TV episodes, and to my mind the Kenshin movie was a completely self-contained story that had no bearing on anything else in the Kenshin canon.

But I have seen the first two seasons of Kenshin in their entirety, and after Evangelion and Cowboy Bebop it is my personal "all-time most favoritest anime series ever".

animenewsnetwork.com/reviews/display.php?id=203

And that's precisely why I didn't like the new OVA series very much...it butchers the original material into an incomprehensible mishmash.

But I've already covered that.... Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1