• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime costumes in Greenwich Village Parade

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hotaru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 2:09 pm Reply with quote
While going through Manhatten last night, a lot of costumers coming from the Greenwich Village Parade were walking around, and we saw some anime costumes! There was a Belldandy with Kenshin. We called out an waved, and then there was another group, and the only costume we recognized was another Kenshin. We again called out, but to no avail, I guess they didn't hear us. But it was really cool that there were actually anime costumes!~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 2:23 pm Reply with quote
People will find any excuse to cosplay, hehe.

"Look, it's Tuesday! */me puts on Lupin jacket*"
Gai Super Napalm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Kain wrote:

People will find any excuse to cosplay, hehe.

"Look, it's Tuesday! */me puts on Lupin jacket*"

Tell me about it. Halloween is just about the dumbest excuse to dress up in a costume.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Gai Super Napalm wrote:

Tell me about it. Halloween is just about the dumbest excuse to dress up in a costume.

And anime conventions are a better, more pure, socially acceptable, philosophically strengthened reason (I ran out of adjectives to try to justify why anything else would be a better excuse)? What about people who dress up for masquerade parties? What about people at gaming convetions? Hell, the last time I checked, Halloween is America's best excuse to dress up in a costume. When else is everyone in the country going to look at you and think it perfectly normal for guys to dress up as girls, or people to run around with plastic axes in their heads?
Hotaru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 7:47 pm Reply with quote
indeed. but i feel too insecure to dress up anywhere except an anime con. cause unless i went to a party or a parade or something, i'd look like at total jack ass
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Hotaru wrote:

indeed. but i feel too insecure to dress up anywhere except an anime con. cause unless i went to a party or a parade or something, i'd look like at total jack ass

Well, yeah, I can see that. On the positive side, on Halloween, there's always at least someone who's dressed more flamboyantly, and attracts more negative attention than you. Other than that, it feels kind of goofy if you're all by yourself, without friends dressed up beside you. Especially if you dress up as an anime character. In junior high, back in the day, I dressed up as Miaka from FY, and my friend dressed as Nuriko, and people kept asking me if I was a girl scout... Confused It's not as fun dressing up in theme with friends if they're not going to be there with you... ^-^;
ZeroScythe195

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 8:53 pm Reply with quote
I have a story to tell, a friend of mine, decided to dress up as Sailor Chibi/Mini Moon for halloween, can you guess what happened?, well if you can't she ended up >>Embarassed<< you see guys around here don't like Sailor Moon much less Sailor Chibi/Mini Moon so after more then five verbal assaults, stupid comments & a guy with a hurt nose (don't ask Rolling Eyes), her advice don't dress up for anything but conventions (Laughing). However I did dress up as Blood The Last Vampire's Saya and scared the socks off some teen's (Insert evil laugh Shocked ). See just stay at home on halloween, hand out candy and scare the H*ll out of some kids with your anime costumes!! Twisted Evil
Gai Super Napalm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:42 am Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:

Gai Super Napalm wrote:

And anime conventions are a better, more pure, socially acceptable, philosophically strengthened reason (I ran out of adjectives to try to justify why anything else would be a better excuse)? What about people who dress up for masquerade parties? What about people at gaming convetions? Hell, the last time I checked, Halloween is America's best excuse to dress up in a costume. When else is everyone in the country going to look at you and think it perfectly normal for guys to dress up as girls, or people to run around with plastic axes in their heads?

Thats the last time i'll be sarcastic.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 3:20 am Reply with quote
Gai Super Napalm wrote:

Eh, deal with it. No one on here on this board understands sarcasm anyway. I gave it up for granted a while ago that many people here don't catch it anyway. I kind of assumed that any comment should now be taken at face value, since the chance of anyone writing their own sarcasm, much less understanding it was -76%. Now I can add you to the "understands sarcasm" list. Wow, the tally is only at 4. Damn, that's sad.
Gai Super Napalm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 12:37 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:

Gai Super Napalm wrote:

Eh, deal with it. No one on here on this board understands sarcasm anyway. I gave it up for granted a while ago that many people here don't catch it anyway. I kind of assumed that any comment should now be taken at face value, since the chance of anyone writing their own sarcasm, much less understanding it was -76%. Now I can add you to the "understands sarcasm" list. Wow, the tally is only at 4. Damn, that's sad.

^_^; That was sarcastic, too; It was irony, you see.... Ah, forget the whole damned thing. 4 you say? Maybe I really should cut it out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1