• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
joining [The Gathering]

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donny

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:11 pm Reply with quote
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone,
who agrees it would be more fun to be building on creating your very own anime, coming up with storylines and working with really good artist to really create amazing anime characters to go with those storylines.
Nothing along the lines of storys that are distinctly like those of them from other anime, we'll be creating never before seen anime, those characters that do get created will also be never before seen characters.

that is what i am proposing to do, i want to bring together anime fans that have always dreamed of creating there own anime storys and character.
I know people out there are going to say,

"you cant go about creating your anime you are nothing, you are just going to sit there wallowing in you own stew with you ideas going nowhere"

Well i say to that what to they about me, for a while now me and a few fellow anime fanatics have been working our own anime ideas.
To follow up on that we put together the basis of a storyline, with some character sketches and scenery drawings and showed them, to an official publisher of an online magazine.
The response that we got was amazing he said, he loved the whole idea we was developing and he would like to see it when it is finished and publish it on his website.

So im putting it to you fellow anime fans out there that would really love to develope there own ideas, and asking them join with me, to create something new with our own ideas.

the current members are:

1.Me [founder of The Gathering]
2.White-wolf [high member-artist-script]
3.cerberus [high member-artist]
4.bud [script]
5saint [artist]
6.yak [music and sound effects]
trlman99

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:27 pm Reply with quote
I would love to do something like that and i plan on being a fiction writer myself so i could help on the script and get alot of experience. What kind of story were you planning on creating?

Oh, and do you have your own website and the website were you want the anime posted?
donny

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:36 pm Reply with quote
yeah sure mate, thnx
you definitely want to join, cheers for the support,
the currently website is being built at the moment,
but do you know of any other members that would like to join.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Sorry, you're not allowed to advertise for personal projects on ANN. However, I will keep this thread here so people can stumble upon it and read it at their own leisure. Good luck with your project!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1