• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
locking the "Do You Eat Japanese?" Thread

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 6:13 am Reply with quote
[quote=Cookie]Locked because I wanted it locked.[/quote]
Care to elaborate further? It wasn't rude, and no one was flaming, so I could see no other reason except shere petulance on your part. Can you clarify? Question Confused
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 6:17 am Reply with quote
I'm guessing the fact that it really has nothing to do with anime probably played some part in the decision. There's been quite the outbreak of OT threads and "What's your favourite _______!?!?!?" threads lately, and thinning out their numbers a little wouldn't exactly be a bad idea.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 8:32 am Reply with quote
But it had some stuff to do with anime. I was learning what those fish things you see anime characters eating all the time were called! Wink
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 8:39 am Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
But it had some stuff to do with anime. I was learning what those fish things you see anime characters eating all the time were called! Wink

Somewhat agreed. It could be a good educational topic =P

Oh. And sorry for bringing a small part up, but I can't eat at least 50% of all japanese food due to my allergies to seafood and nuts. Anime cry.

Fish cakes in peanut sauce! Yeah! Anime cry

I dispise allergies Anime cry
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 11:11 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Cookie wrote:
Locked because I wanted it locked.

Care to elaborate further? It wasn't rude, and no one was flaming, so I could see no other reason except shere petulance on your part. Can you clarify? :?: :?

For that thread, I felt it was being overly stereotypical of the Japanese diet. I also felt it had nothing to do with anime, anime news or ANN. I also just simply didn't like the initial tone that set up the thread.

And this one's locked because problems or questions about moderation should be addressed via private message, rather than cluttering the public forum.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1