• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Seimaden Discussion Thread

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amorok

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:44 pm Reply with quote
If you're not familiar with this manga, you can read about it here. Personally, I think it's You Higuri's best work, although I'm very fond of just about every manga she's written/illustrated. One of the most tragic aspects of the series were spoiler[Zadei's unrequited feelings for Tetiyus, who in turn was in love with Laures. The tragedy comes from the fact that none of these feelings are ever returned -- Tetiyus is too proud to fall for a scoundrel like Zadei, and Laures is too in love with Hilda to even entertain the possibility of a relationship with Tetiyus.]

My favorite character has to be Tetiyus -- his story is just so heartwrenching. I also consider him to be one of the most "ethical" characters in the story -- and I put "ethical" in quotes because he follows his own set of self-defined ethics, which don't agree with our traditional thou-shalt-not-kill ethical code -- but at the same time he sticks by them with ruthless consistency. His loyalty to Laures is tested time and time again, but spoiler[not once does he betray him, despite many incentives to do so (including, at many points, threats to his life.]

So, how about you guys? Favorite characters? Observations? What did you think of the end? spoiler[(Particularly Zadei's and Tetiyus' fate?][/spoiler]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1