• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mizuiro OAV 2 (2003) age rating

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NagaseTohru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:43 am Reply with quote
Mizuiro OAV 2 (2003) age rating is incorrect it says:

"Age rating: Mature (May contain sex, drugs, and extreme graphic violence) "

The second Mizuiro OAV didn't have anything in it that should give it a "Mature" rating. It was a very tame, non-adult anime. Neither episode had any "mature" content in it at all.

Only the first Mizuiro OAV (Mizuiro OAV 1 - 2002) was an adult anime.
The Spatula

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:18 pm Reply with quote
NagaseTohru wrote:
Mizuiro OAV 2 (2003) age rating is incorrect it says:

"Age rating: Mature (May contain sex, drugs, and extreme graphic violence) "

The second Mizuiro OAV didn't have anything in it that should give it a "Mature" rating. It was a very tame, non-adult anime. Neither episode had any "mature" content in it at all.

Only the first Mizuiro OAV (Mizuiro OAV 1 - 2002) was an adult anime.

I concur with this assesment. While the one in 2002 contained explicit sexual scenes, the ones released in 2003 should probably be considered the equivalent of PG. It's actually a pretty nice OAV...
NagaseTohru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:48 pm Reply with quote
I noticed the description for Mizuiro OAV 2 (2003) now says:

Age rating: Teenagers (May contain bloody violence, bad language, nudity)

I appreciate you downgrading the rating from "Mature", but is there a reason for it to still have a "Teenager" rating? I'm curious. Mizuiro OAV 2 (2003) is on the same maturity level as Kanon. Anime smile

Sorry for being picky. Anime smile;;
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:13 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen the series yet. What is the suggested rating?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
NagaseTohru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 1:47 am Reply with quote
areaseven wrote:
I haven't seen the series yet. What is the suggested rating?

I'm not sure. I notice that Memories Off OAV and Kanon don't have any age ratings for them. They're both on the same level of maturity as Mizuiro OAV 2 (2003). If an anime doesn't have objectionable things in it, does it normally just go without an age rating stated in its description? If that's how it's normally handled, then Mizuiro OAV 2 (2003) shouldn't have an age rating for it because it's very tame.
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:41 am Reply with quote
Until I've actually seen a couple of episodes, I've lowered the age rating to OC (Older Children).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
NagaseTohru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 4:34 pm Reply with quote
areaseven wrote:
Until I've actually seen a couple of episodes, I've lowered the age rating to OC (Older Children).

Okay cool. Just be sure not to watch the Mizuiro OAV 1 (2002) by mistake since that version is completely an adult anime with long H-scenes in both episodes. Anime smile;;

The way how this all went was like this: back in May there was only one Mizuiro entry. The listing said "Mizuiro OAV" and had vintage 2003 release dates and a Mature rating. I told DD that there were two Mizuiro OAVs, etc, etc. So he renamed the OAV listing to "OAV 2" and created a Mizuiro OAV 1 (2002) entry as being "Adult". The Mature rating remained on the OAV 2 listing though as I still had to watch the second OAV to be sure about the rating. Well I watched the second episode some time ago, but I didn't get back on this issue until just now. Anime smile;
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:29 am Reply with quote
You know, it's really odd how these hentai titles are revamped for a wider audience. You got Mizuiro and Pia Carrot as examples.
NagaseTohru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:19 pm Reply with quote
areaseven wrote:
You know, it's really odd how these hentai titles are revamped for a wider audience. You got Mizuiro and Pia Carrot as examples.

Yeah. Usually it always works out that way. You can gain a much larger audience for your production by releasing them as non-adult anime instead of adult.

If I heard correctly though someone is now working on an adult version of One. If that happens it'll be one of those unusual anime that actually had a non-adult anime version produced for it BEFORE an adult version. Very odd.

You know the trouble with bishoujo/ren'ai gaming stories is that they have so many titles that have the same names that it makes it confusing to classify them in the anime encyclopedia. There were the two unrelated Kakyuusei OAV titles that were both OAVs and four episodes long. You have two Mizuiro OAVs that are both two episodes in length. There are probably going to be two different One OAVs and two Wind ~ a Breath of Heart OAVs later on. Then there are two Triangle Hearts OAV series. The current, four-part, non-adult anime (based off the Triangle Hearts 3 game characters) and the older Triangle Hearts five-part adult OAV series based off the Triangle Hearts 2 game.

It's all very confusing. Anime smile;;

I wish they would have named the "Pia Carrot Movie" the "Pia Carrot 3 Movie" since it would have made it clear that the movie was based off the Pia Carrot 3 game and not 1 or 2.
NagaseTohru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:45 pm Reply with quote
What happened to the non-adult Mizuiro OAV 2 (2003) listing? I no longer see it in the database. I only see the adult Mizuiro OAV 1 (2002) there now, but the second Mizuiro anime is missing.

Has the database lost some listings recently? I haven't kept up with the news lately. Anime smile;
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1