• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Does Media Blasters still give out DVDs with trailers?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pyoko_girl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:16 am Reply with quote
Along while back, they used to send out dvd's that had previews of all the anime they have dubbed and stuff. I have one too that has Tokyo Shock, Guilty Pleasures and others trailers of that kind too. Any body know for sure?

[EDIT: Fixed company name in title~Zalis]
Lee1981

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:07 pm Reply with quote
The only media blasters animes I've seen are Berserk and Iria, but I think those both had trailers and they definitely had little paper brochures in the DVD cases themselves.
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:07 am Reply with quote
I have a couple of these DVDs that feature their entire catalog (like 60+ or so) worth of trailers. I think they also have a couple of full length episodes (Samurai Kyo and Twelve Kingdoms) although I didn't bother to watch them. I have not gotten one of these DVDs for a couple of years and didn't think they were made anymore.
Porcupine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:25 pm Reply with quote
I'd be curious to see one of these DVDs, I usually like stuff like this. On the back of one of the Midori Days Collections (there have been 2 or 3 versions so it is confusing) it says that it comes with a bonus trailers DVD. But I dunno if it really does or not, the whole collection is in what appears to be a single-DVD case...I am doubtful that 4 DVDs can squish inside? But maybe they can I dunno.

I've been tempted to buy that many times. Is Midori Days a decent show?

edit: I checked ANN and amazon release info on these sets but haven't seen any mention of a bonus trailers disc, so it's possible I remembered wrong entirely and made this all up in my mind. Or that it's mentioned on the packaging but not actually included. I wouldn't put anything past Anime Works (Media Blasters).
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:37 pm Reply with quote
I own the Midori Days standard DVD sized collection and it doesn't appear to have a promo disc. There are three discs in this set with one snapped onto the left side of the case and two of them (one on top another like the Geneon tins) on the right side. I can't find mention of a trailer disc on the box.

ADV also gave out similar trailer discs as well back when Gantz was released. I also have a huge stack of those Funimation trailer discs with Samurai 7 episode 1. These are indeed fun free discs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1