• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Soujiro from kenshin anime?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:23 pm Reply with quote
I think that they could had made a whole other series based on Soujiro's new travels after the fight with him and kenshin. spoiler[He said he was gonna wander for ten years like kenshin did and find out what the right thing to do was.] Who else think they could have made another series based on Soujiro.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
molloaggie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, that would be really cool. I wouldn't want the animators screenwriters to touch it with a ten-foot pole though. They've managed to really screw up anything they do without the mangaka. It's gotta be written by Nobuhiro Watsuki.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:48 pm Reply with quote
This is actually the idea behind a fanfiction I've been playing around with for a while...I haven't written any of it, though...don't have a plot in mind yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Hey! Nagisa I was gonna make a fan fic about this... lol. What a coincidence.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
space clam

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Hmm... I think it would have made a better fanfic than actual anime. Reason being: People would probably recognize the completely recycled formula (the whole 10 year wandering bit) and not exactly spring for it. Although DBGT was *kind of* successful, and that was throwing crap back into a fan... I guess I really don't know how people would react...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Samurai CDZ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
I haven't written any of it, though...don't have a plot in mind yet.

How would it be different from Kenshin?

Seriously, unless Soujiro makes the exact opposite decision Kenshin made, it would probably end up with similar results.

Personally, I hope he found a quiet little town, a beautiful wife, settled down and had a family. Also known as a normal life. Wink
LW

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:37 pm Reply with quote
I think it would make a good small manga series to give the fans some closure. But outside of that I see very little use for it, because if they made it into an anime it would probably be all fluff and no real content that you could sink your teeth into. Though for now I'm content with how they ended the Legend of Kyoto Arc. We did get on small scene when Soukiro first started his journey, which was enough for me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sojiro the tenken

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, that would be awesome. Soujiro is my favorite character in Kenshin, thats why I picked his name for my ID here. Very Happy But I agree with LW about a small manga series. A whole anime series would be a bit too much.
SkullKnight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:30 pm Reply with quote
It would be interesting to see a story involving him, yahiko, and kenji, to see what they are capable of. The timeline would be hard to write into because of japan's battles with china and its growing military state.
dlingaddict

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:22 pm Reply with quote
mm personally i wouldn't mind seeing some Yahiko action. The extra kenshin chapters where it showed yahiko grown up was pretty cool. Watching him catch blades and stuff was pretty neat, plus now he's the one who carries the sakabotou (i hope that's spelled right) sword.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1