• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Where can i find Gundam Seed to buy

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
W0lfWo0d

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:01 am Reply with quote
Hi I've been looking for Gundam Seed for awhile now and i can't seem to find it.If anyone can tell where i mite b an able to find it on the net i would b very happy.Thanks
SharinganKakashi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:40 am Reply with quote
If you buy it now, it would be a bootleg or a R2 DVD, wait for it to get liscensed Wink
W0lfWo0d

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:08 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply I guess ill have to wait hehe.
MelancholyDevil

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:53 am Reply with quote
Where can you find it? Over a mountain (The Rockey to be exact) and across the pond, there you'll find a li'l island called Japan. What you seek will be there. But remember my young pupil, patience is a virtue, and in time, all things will come to you.
Hank32

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:28 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't bother with bootlegs. I am not the morality police, so I will spare you some rant about how terrible it is to buy illegal bootlegs, its your money afterall. What I would say, is that the quality of these bootlegs can be terrible. Often, the actual visual and audio is good, but the subtitles can be shocking. I have purchased several bootlegs (something I won't be doing again) and it is certainly not the same as having the real deal.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:12 pm Reply with quote
hellsing wrote:
[EDIT - Oops, I AM banned. -C]

I hope you get banned. Not so much because you're pushing bootlegs, but because you're flaunting it like an arrogant little twit, which is very disrespectful towards the moderation here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Fenrir

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:47 pm Reply with quote
I hope so as well. I talked about bootlegs and a got a pm about not doing it. Bootlegs hurt the industry especially with shows that are fansubbed and have good subtitles and shows that will definetly make an appearance on american shores. Seed has been licensed expect to see it sometime next year. Until then go download it don't support HK pirates. It's one thing if a show is not fansubbed or licensed so you can't get it besides the R2. Support your hobby or support the groups translating it not the illegal pirates.
Gekigangar3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:50 pm Reply with quote
They even just made a new rule about not advertising bootlegs, and with your post you violated that rule. Even if you don't give the link in your post you still shouldn't tell people to pm you to get it, that's just as bad.
EMY23-23

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:58 pm Reply with quote
I don't get why this has conversation about bootlegs has come up...Again. This always ends the same way too.

Quote:
SakechanBD: Bootlegs = illegal. End of discussion.

So true.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
hellsing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:42 pm Reply with quote
I hope you get banned. Not so much because you're pushing bootlegs, but because you're flaunting it like an arrogant little twit, which is very disrespectful towards the moderation here.[/quote]

sorry I didn't know how serious everyone was on this site. Crying or Very sad
hellsing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Gekigangar3 wrote:
They even just made a new rule about not advertising bootlegs, and with your post you violated that rule. Even if you don't give the link in your post you still shouldn't tell people to pm you to get it, that's just as bad.

again im sorry wont do it again please dont ban me. Crying or Very sad
Lupin_333

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Bandai has the rights to everything Gundam supposedly, but I wouldn't expect Seed until all of the SD Gundam Force stuff dies down. They still haven't released Zeta Gundam or Turn A Gundam either, to my knowledge.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 8:17 pm Reply with quote
SEED is apparently going to be part of Bandai's big "relaunch" of the Gundam franchise in North America at some point in mid-late 2004, alongside Zeta and F-91.
Gekigangar3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 10:34 pm Reply with quote
I am very excited that SEED will be out in America mid 2004, I have seen a few eps of it and it was very good, I also was very interested by all of the coverage it got in anime magazines. OT alert!!! Did Hellsing get banned for advertising bootlegs?
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Gekigangar3 wrote:
OT alert!!! Did Hellsing get banned for advertising bootlegs?

I dunno, but I about died laughing a this:

hellsing wrote:
[EDIT - Oops, I AM banned. -C]

I love Cookie. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2