• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Novel Adaptations (Jump Manga)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:26 pm Reply with quote
So the FMA Novels thread kinda brought this to mind - has anybody read any novelizations of Shonen Jump manga and if so, how do you feel about them? I remember hearing there was one or two for Naruto and a couple for Bleach as well as some other series, but I believe most have not been released in English. I was just wondering if they were worth picking up, how true they stay to the manga, etc?

I'm just very interested in how well stories told in manga translate to novel. Also interested in anyone who's read drama novelizations (like the Gokusen novel.)

So many questions!
ANBUx3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:52 am Reply with quote
I read the English Naruto novel, and it was just a condensed retelling of the Zabuza arc. It's been a while since I read it, but it seems like someone said something a little out of character, and it wasn't nearly as interesting as the manga or anime.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:15 am Reply with quote
There is a Rurouni Kenshin novel dubbed Voyage to the Moon World. I can't make many comments about it, as I've only read a part of the story so far. There are two stories: the first is what the book is titled after and the second seems to be about Sanosuke (though I don't know the details). It's a pretty decent read so far and fits well within the RK universe. There is also a two-sided color fold out with Kenshin, Aoshi <3, and Saitou. I would recommend trying it out.

I was planning on picking up the Naruto novel, until I heard it was basically a retelling of a the first manga arc. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1