• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ZZ Gundam

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
White_Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:30 am Reply with quote
On your page for Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ, it lists a company under the "English Companies" section. Does this mean it was licensed? Or was it broadcasted on TV at one point? (Since it lists the company as "Broadcaster").

Oh, and here's a link to the page for those who'd like to see: anime#1400

Thanks for the help.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:23 am Reply with quote
I suggest you click the link and check out the official website of Animax Asia yourself. Let's say that English is not only spoken in the United States of America.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:48 pm Reply with quote
White_Ninja wrote:
On your page for Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ, it lists a company under the "English Companies" section. Does this mean it was licensed? Or was it broadcasted on TV at one point? (Since it lists the company as "Broadcaster").

When it says "Broadcaster" it means that company / TV network broadcast the show.

Worth noting that, while it's under English, it's not referring to the North American English market, but rather the Asian English Speaking Market (which should be obvious since the broadcaster is Animax-Asia).

Technically speaking, Animax had a license to broadcast it in Asia.

But when talking about a North American license, the inclusion of an English company does not necessarily imply any such license. In this case it most definitely does not imply any such license.

As Dormcat pointed out, you could have just followed the links to answer your question. In fact, you wouldn't have even needed to leave ANN since the Animax-Asia entry explains what it does.

-t
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1