• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime on itunes? re:

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evasiege

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:19 pm Reply with quote
"And if by "other sources" you mean "places to download anime for free," asking for such links is not allowed. Locked."

Umm no. I wasn't referring to places where I could DL anime for free. I was referring to places other than itunes where you can pay( with credit card/debit card) for movies, music, and possibly anime. How about you give me a chance to respond before you lock my thread. okay, thanks.
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Google is usually a good place to look.

*shrug* Just sayin'
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:59 am Reply with quote
Evasiege wrote:
Umm no. I wasn't referring to places where I could DL anime for free. I was referring to places other than itunes where you can pay( with credit card/debit card) for movies, music, and possibly anime. How about you give me a chance to respond before you lock my thread. okay, thanks.
How about you phrase your question in a way that doesn't suggest that you're looking for free downloads? The words "pay" or "buy" didn't appear in that question. But since you've clarified your position, I'll leave this open.
adonais

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:35 am Reply with quote
Hey.

Funimation channel was just added to iTunes, with Desert Punk, Samurai 7 and Speed Grapher! Think I'm gonne try me some right now, to she what the image quality is like...(though I suppose it will only be the dub, no subtitles?) Anyway, a step in the right direction Smile
Sweetmusic_01

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:49 am Reply with quote
Cheap prices too! $1.99 per episode and $38.99 for the entire season, that's cheaper then buying the dvds and cheaper than ADV's store. Just another reason to love FUNimation. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
gary leeman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Sweetmusic_01 wrote:
Cheap prices too! $1.99 per episode and $38.99 for the entire season, that's cheaper then buying the dvds and cheaper than ADV's store. Just another reason to love FUNimation. Very Happy

Yes, inexpensive, but I have no desire to spend close to $40 on a product that is susceptible to computer crash. I'll take the DVD, with audio options and extras and the lot over an iTunes download any day.
adonais

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:35 pm Reply with quote
gary leeman wrote:
Sweetmusic_01 wrote:

Yes, inexpensive, but I have no desire to spend close to $40 on a product that is susceptible to computer crash. I'll take the DVD, with audio options and extras and the lot over an iTunes download any day.

Well me too, but that's not really an apples-to-apples comparison. What you pay for in iTunes is the convenience, to download what you want when you want, and you get it on a format that you can put directly on your handheld, your iPhone or whatever..
DKong

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Well, one big, big benefit is that this provides a cheap way to legally get one ep to see if getting the DVDs is worth it or not.
forever_young

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:31 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't even want to watch it on a handheld device. I know that that's just me, but it definitely takes away from the quality. Think about the size difference from a TV or computer screen, to a video iPod.

Very cool development for sure, but not for me.
goins007

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:19 pm Reply with quote
adonais wrote:
gary leeman wrote:
Sweetmusic_01 wrote:

Well me too, but that's not really an apples-to-apples comparison. What you pay for in iTunes is the convenience, to download what you want when you want, and you get it on a format that you can put directly on your handheld, your iPhone or whatever..

Lets also not forget that your getting it at a lower quality then DVD, and the ONLY thing you can play it on (legally) is your PC or Ipod. And you don't get the special features. Convenience is the only thing your paying for when getting movies/shows off Itunes.
Irish Jack

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:38 pm Reply with quote
goins007 wrote:
And you don't get the special features. Convenience is the only thing your paying for when getting movies/shows off Itunes.

Right.
Watch, they'll probably charge for the extras or something!
It's definitely a convenience. For those long trips to Japan, no laptop? Pop on an anime on your iPod...
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:49 pm Reply with quote
forever_young wrote:
I wouldn't even want to watch it on a handheld device. I know that that's just me, but it definitely takes away from the quality. Think about the size difference from a TV or computer screen, to a video iPod.

Very cool development for sure, but not for me.

+1
especially if there are subtitles involved Neutral
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Anime World

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:00 pm Reply with quote
If there's anime for I-Tunes, then I'll get it! Then I can buy the I-pod with video. I can use it mostly to watch anime. It's expensive but It's worth it! Very Happy
mjgeo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:08 pm Reply with quote
gary leeman wrote:
Sweetmusic_01 wrote:

Unless you are expecting your computer to crash 4 or 5 times, and you don't learn to back up, you can always get in contact with Apple and download the lost files for free (They have a limit on how many times you can do it IIRC).

Having said that, I'd also take the DVD for the quality.

Quote:
and the ONLY thing you can play it on (legally) is your PC or Ipod.

And TV, of which there are many ways to do it. And then a bunch of other computers, iPods and TVs if you so desire. Actually wanting to play such low quality video on your TV is another matter.

Quote:
+1
especially if there are subtitles involved

Yeah, I've got a few subtitled videos on my iPod. The 4:3 ones seem fine to read, but anything in 16:9 strains my eyes. And I have good eyesight; I feel sorry for anyone with poor vision trying to watch the same.
Steve Berry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:09 pm Reply with quote
It's not really about "convenience" for trips and what not (or atleast it never seemed that way to me), its about only paying 8$ for 4 eps instead of 20-25$. Of course, if you love a show and are planning on getting it to keep permenantly, then you'd get the DVD. This is a nice alternative to getting DVDs though, if you don't have the cash or the space.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2