• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
San Diego Comic-Con 2011 - Toy Gallery

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Who do I have to kill to get that Wonder Woman figure? I haven't been impressed with the Japanese "manga" versions of the DC and Marvel heroines, but THAT set my little fangirl heart beating. (Supergirl was okay too, but...Wonder Woman!) Or was that an American statue with the Japanese ones? I couldn't quite read the tags. In any event, I want it. Smile

"Get us out from under, Wonder Woman!"
Schoolie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Cool picture of the R. Dorothy Wayneright Figma. Always love me some Big O!

(I hear she comes with two interchangeable expressionless faces.)
kyokun703

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:29 am Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
Who do I have to kill to get that Wonder Woman figure? I haven't been impressed with the Japanese "manga" versions of the DC and Marvel heroines, but THAT set my little fangirl heart beating. (Supergirl was okay too, but...Wonder Woman!) Or was that an American statue with the Japanese ones? I couldn't quite read the tags. In any event, I want it. Smile

"Get us out from under, Wonder Woman!"

Wonder Woman is put out by Kotobukiya, and is part of their Bishoujo line. There are 2 anime-comics crossover figure lines. Kotobukiya's Bishoujo, and DC's Ame-Comi. I much prefer the Kotobukiya ones, as they are bigger figures, about the same price, and look more like their original figures. And they are darn sexy.

Although sometimes they cross over into slutty, which I don't care for, like the Supergirl figure. That one has a major cameltoe panty shot, and I don't do those. Cleavage, yes; panties no. So I will be passing on Supergirl.

Wonder Woman is actually fairly affordable for a statue; I picked mine up for $60 at my local comic book store, instead of the more usual $100+ like comparable figures go for. And it is gorgeous.

Rob Bricken did a review of the Kotobukiya Black Widow figure on this site.

One thing that should be mentioned is that the Marvel Bishoujos have gone up in size from 1:8 to 1:7 to match the DC versions. This means that the figures won't match, which irritates me immensely. Black Widow, Rogue, Scarlet Witch, Emma Frost, and Psylocke are all 1:8, everything else after that is the bigger size. All the DC figures are 1:7.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1