• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Whisper Me a Love Song Studio Cloud Hearts' Domain Name Expires

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2024 2:30 pm Reply with quote
We're never getting those last two episodes are we? I wonder if the blu rays will come out at all at this rate
Piglet the Grate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2024 5:52 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
We're never getting those last two episodes are we?...

I would not advise holding one's breath for Episodes 11 and 12 to air. On a similar note, tankōbon volumes 9 and 10 have yet to receive an English translation. Wonder if the manga got a bump in sales from the anime or not?
tsog

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2024 6:16 pm Reply with quote
I went to https://whois.jprs.jp/en/ and searched for the domain name.

JPRS lists the organization as "Suspended Domain Name" with a last update time of "2024/08/01 02:18:25 (JST)", so the domain may have been suspended as early as August 1st.

Also appears to be slated for deletion on 2025/01/31.

darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2024 6:28 pm Reply with quote
I do wonder if Ichijinsha or who ever in the production committee is going to be far more mindful on choosing which animation studio to work with in future Yuri Hime anime adaptation titles. Man, we're in a bit of an age of girl-bands anime that Whisper Me a Love Song could have easily capitalized on, but it's such a shame everything in the production side stumbled hard. Mad
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2024 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Most of the studio's credited works are in-between animation. Is this (yet another) case of studio biting more than it can chew?
Akcoll99

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2024 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Piglet the Grate wrote:
On a similar note, tankōbon volumes 9 and 10 have yet to receive an English translation. Wonder if the manga got a bump in sales from the anime or not?

Amazon lists a release date of June 17, 2025 for Yen Press' volume 9. Bit of a ridiculous wait since the last volume, but it is at least coming out.
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2024 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Akcoll99 wrote:
Amazon lists a release date of June 17, 2025 for Yen Press' volume 9. Bit of a ridiculous wait since the last volume, but it is at least coming out.

CMIIW, slower release date might mean a title sells lower than hoped, and therefore, it's not on the publisher's priority.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2024 10:38 pm Reply with quote
We’re never getting those last two episodes now.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2024 2:00 am Reply with quote
I really liked this show in spite of the production issues and it definitely deserved better.
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2024 2:31 pm Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:
Akcoll99 wrote:

CMIIW, slower release date might mean a title sells lower than hoped, and therefore, it's not on the publisher's priority.

I've noticed a correlation between long delays like this and anime adaptions, making me think the Japanese side tries to negotiate a higher fee per volume, causing delays on the translation pipeline. (Pure speculation, zero inside knowledge to back that up.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1