• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam: Requiem for Vengeance Animation Confirms 3 Characters' English, Japanese Casts

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2024 12:06 pm Reply with quote
How many times has Hochu Otsuka been in Gundam at this point...
rmcclo
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2024 7:24 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering, watching the first couple of episodes, if the Gundam would lose its faceless, unstoppable, horror movie villain feel once the pilot is revealed. I forgot about the child soldier angle of the Amuro story, that actually hits harder with how obviously and absurdly young the pilot looks in that visual.

The rest of the show already invites you to imagine it from the grunt's perspective, and I totally forgot that's the most insane part of the Mobile Suit Gundam story, never really reflected upon: what the hell are these monsters doing to this kid? And how terrifying it must be to be up against an unstoppable machine piloted by a superpowered kid without a fully developed conscience.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1