• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? V

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LukaTheLancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2024 2:44 pm Reply with quote
I am not a light novel reader, tho i did spend about 1.000 hours in Danmemo over the span of 3 years. I got the Syr thing spoiled a few years ago. so it is funny for me to see the hints because while i know the what i do not know the how and why
Key

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2024 4:13 pm Reply with quote
LukaTheLancer wrote:
I got the Syr thing spoiled a few years ago. so it is funny for me to see the hints because while i know the what i do not know the how and why

Those will come out before the arc's over.

As for the review, great analysis of the first three episodes, especially likening Freya Familia to a cult. The way different familias are structured and act differently is a point that I have long felt gets under-emphasized in discussions and analyses about the series, and it's absolutely critical to fully understanding this arc.

There was also a little Easter Egg in this episode for long-time players of Memoria Freese: one of the hero statues on the Hero's Bridge was clearly meant to be spoiler[Fianna, the leader of the Knights of Fianna,] which is a canon part of the setting's backstory that was featured in a multi-part game event. When Finn speaks about restoring the glory of his race, he's referring to this person in particular.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1