• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: I'll Become a Villainess Who Goes Down in History

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2024 9:01 am Reply with quote
It's nice to have a bonafide Villainess anime airing this season.

Alicia gives me strong Aileen (whose seiyuu is in the show as Gill) vibes from "I'm the Villainess so I'm Taming the Last Boss" because she basically owns being a Villainess even if it means she's slowly becoming the Heroine. Watching her rationalize all her heroic actions as what a Villainess would do is cute.

Also, a dark-haired Villainess with dark magic? Will she get to Level 99 by the time she gets the eyepatch?

Well, yeah, Shoya Chiba, Nobuhiko Okamoto, and Ryoto Osaka makes sense as the voices for romanceable guys in an Otome game. I feel like Albert will probably win because Liz can't resist the idea of being sisters-in-law with Alicia.

Not sure how to feel about Duke yet. I'm not really fussing over the age gap (even if it is kind of questionable and not sure what purpose it serves), but so far he's just been kind of...there, beyond obviously being into Alicia. Compared to to other love interests in Villainess anime's he comes off a bit underwhelming. But maybe it's because neither he nor Alicia have seriously pursued each other yet (Duke because of his position, Alicia because she' convinced he has to be with the Heroine).

Did anyone else feel like Manaka Iwami is doing an Ai Kayano impression as Liz?

I really like how we're seeing Alicia grow and mature over time across different ages.
LoriasGS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2024 11:10 am Reply with quote
The age difference with the heroine is creating an issue for me. In the game Alicia was the villainess to the heroine and is shown in the opening scenes bullying her (I assumed at school) but the 5 year age difference makes that odd.

From the ages they've mentioned you normally have to be 15 to enter the magic academy and Alicia was 10 during the scenes where they met so at what point was the bullying taking place? By the time game Alicia would have entered the academy the heroine be 20, have already graduated and presumably the game would have ended and she's engaged to the prince and is a hero.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1