• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Goblin Slayer -Another Adventurer- Nightmare Feast Game Delayed to November 15 in West

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juno016

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2024 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Having played the game in Japanese, it's only really worth it for the story, and only if you're a dedicated Goblin Slayer fan. The story was written by the light novel author and it feels like a typical GS light novel volume in its storytelling. If that's your cup of tea, then awesome. But if you're buying it for the gameplay, all I can say is that it is generic and pretty easy, and suffers for a lack of a lot of simple quality of life mechanics. I've clicked too fast through attacks only to accidentally attack my own characters, which can be frustrating. It's servicable, though. You only really play stages between chapters or when the plot forces a battle, and you can even choose among several side quest battles whenever you're at the guild. It's not going to break you if you don't mind it, and the story is on par with every other Goblin Slayer work, albeit with GS and cast as background characters rather than the main cast. If you're a GS fan, sure, give it a shot, but if you're not, or you're hoping for rich gameplay, look elsewhere.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1