• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Cast of My Hero Academia: You're Next Go Beyond Plus Ultra on Red Carpet

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2024 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Should bring up whether superhero fatigue, especially in light of Joker 2 bombing, is a concern for the box office of this and future potential MHA movies.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2024 4:29 pm Reply with quote
It's fun seeing the JP and English cast together.
flamemasterelan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:48 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Should bring up whether superhero fatigue, especially in light of Joker 2 bombing, is a concern for the box office of this and future potential MHA movies.

It won't be. This is an established and still popular series that has no connection to American superheroes, or how flooded the market has been with them for the last decade and a half. Joker 2 bombed because of poor reviews and audience reception, not superhero fatigue (it's not even a superhero movie).
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:04 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

Superhero fatigue is not real, its a made up thing by people to validate their hatred of superhero movies.

Those movies not doing well is just movies not doing well for any reason a movie can bomb. Its not indicative of any larger trend.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1