• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Wizardry Variants Daphne RPG Launches for iOS, Android on October 15 in Japanese, English

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2024 1:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm still gutted that the Wizardry MMO got shutdown, it was a really neat "MMO Alternative" to Demon's Souls at the time.

For anyone interested but not wanting to wait, Wizardry: The Five Ordeals is currently on sale and is a really great purchase for anyone wanting to see how Japan has handled the series. It has multiple scenarios, custom scenarios.... It's a great preservation of the series and has not gone on sale too often either.

Otherwise, Labyrinth of Lost Souls and Wizardry Forsaken Land (PS2) are actually both fairly easy to get one's hands on and very much worth trying as well.

If this new game hits PC in the US, I have to say, I'll be pretty excited to try it since they're usually pretty stingy about giving us JP Wizardry games.
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2024 1:31 pm Reply with quote
....and sorry for posting a second time in a row, but holy eff, Kanayama gets it. It is insanely refreshing hearing from any dev in 2024 that is advocating for this sort of ideology. Four years in development? Holding it back due to feedback and not-rushing it to launch? Viewing the F2P monetisation as a means to an end rather than to make a quick buck? I wanna see this guy succeed, it feels like only BG3 has been allowed this sort of good vibes as of late. He sounds like he legitimately understands the want for a Record of Lodoss/Sword World TTRPG sort of game. Those characters and camera angles look amazing for this sort of system.

Are you seeing this Square? I want this in VR and not Triangle Strategy. If the Delicious in Dungeon people put out a game that looked like this & had cooking minigames and was in VR, I think I'd die on the spot of happiness. Those moments where you turn and see your party or watch the treasure box open.... Imagine Senshi turning to you and giving you a plate of steaming food he just cooked, OMG....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1