• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Go! Princess Precure Episodes 26-50 Anime Series Review

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StarFan13

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2024 11:11 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Older Sailor Moon fans may remember jokes about Molly (Naru) being the official energy source for the Negaverse,
You mean the Dark Kingdom?
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2024 11:55 am Reply with quote
I do; all of the jokes I remember were based on the bad old dub, where it was Molly and the Negaverse, rather than the more correct Naru and the Dark Kingdom. Just showing my age, I guess. Embarassed Laughing
YagamiBlackstone255

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2024 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Absolutely Sublime review, I think the animation also deserved an A-. Back then it was peak animation for Toei, absolutely great.
Essedess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2024 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Like I said before, this is one fantastic finale. The final battle was a spectacle, but what I loved was the conclusion: it's not over. It will never be over. Both Haruka and Close now understand that hope and despair are two sides of the same whole. And it is because of that understanding that they both just stop fighting. Close walks away (well, flies), but he's not resentful at all. The two grew to understand and respect each other, even using the other's catch-phrase at the end ("Despair will never disappear" and "with strength, elegance and beauty"). 10/10.
YagamiBlackstone255

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2024 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Essedess wrote:
Like I said before, this is one fantastic finale. The final battle was a spectacle, but what I loved was the conclusion: it's not over. It will never be over. Both Haruka and Close now understand that hope and despair are two sides of the same whole. And it is because of that understanding that they both just stop fighting. Close walks away (well, flies), but he's not resentful at all. The two grew to understand and respect each other, even using the other's catch-phrase at the end ("Despair will never disappear" and "with strength, elegance and beauty"). 10/10.

Dont forget kindness! Tsuyoku Yasashiku Utsukushiku!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1