• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Negative Positive Angler (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 12:31 pm Reply with quote

Negative Positive Angler (TV)

Source:

Demographic:

Animation Studio: NUT

Genres:

Themes: fishing

Plot Summary: The story follows Tsunehiro Sasaki, a depressed college student burdened with debt and being told that he only has two years left to live. After falling into the sea while on the run from debt collectors, Tsunehiro is rescued by friends Hana and Takaaki and soon becomes hooked on fishing himself.

Air Date & Platform:
October 3, 2024 (Thursday)
Available on: Pending

Episode Count / Runtime: Pending
----------------------------------

A fishing anime featuring Kaito Ishikawa and Fairouz Ai, from the studio behind Youjo Senki (Tanya the Evil). The fishing theme has me a little extra curious.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 6:12 am Reply with quote
I originally wasn't very interested in this anime just based on the blurb, but the trailer has some crazy energy for a story revolving around fishing (and not the deep sea variety either...the standing around waiting while you let a hook drift through the water kind). The art and animation popped and the voice acting was pretty awesome (there were no subtitles and I was still getting a lot of the gist). The music was a little annoying, but hopefully that was just a trailer choice because what I was hearing didn't go with some of the purdy background shots.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Since I enjoyed both Dairy of Our Days at the Breakwater and Slow Loop, I’m looking forward to this show, too.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 4:19 am Reply with quote
Agreed, those two shows were great (still hoping for a season 2 of Breakwater) and Negative looks like it might be just as good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1