• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hololive's Second English VTuber Concert was a Dimension-Breaking Success

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:14 pm Reply with quote
I do wonder watching this live at the actual venue makes it a better experience than watching the streaming version because I recall that Fuwamoco criticizing some of the camera work missing out some of the money shots that would have more impact (I think it happened during one of Nerissa's performances).

In any case there were some songs sung that did surprised me. For example, world.execute(me); by Mili is probably one of the strangest songs I have ever heard of, and I am NOT surprised Shiori sang it. Laughing

Also, Ina sang the OP of S1 of Symphogear which is a powerful song I didn't expect her to sing. Also Fauna, Shiori, and Nerissa sang Lonely in Gorgeous which the OP song for Paradise Kiss which made me happy that someone remembered that! Cool
GhostD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 5:49 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
I do wonder watching this live at the actual venue makes it a better experience than watching the streaming version because I recall that Fuwamoco criticizing some of the camera work missing out some of the money shots that would have more impact (I think it happened during one of Nerissa's performances).

In any case there were some songs sung that did surprised me. For example, world.execute(me); by Mili is probably one of the strangest songs I have ever heard of, and I am NOT surprised Shiori sang it. Laughing

Also, Ina sang the OP of S1 of Symphogear which is a powerful song I didn't expect her to sing. Also Fauna, Shiori, and Nerissa sang Lonely in Gorgeous which the OP song for Paradise Kiss which made me happy that someone remembered that! Cool

Watching it live makes it a better experience by default because the stream was intentionally cut short so only the live crowd could experience the concert to its fullest.
Lily Garden

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 7:43 pm Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

Watching it live makes it a better experience by default because the stream was intentionally cut short so only the live crowd could experience the concert to its fullest.

Technically there are tickets you can buy on places such as SPWN so it is possible to watch the complete stream of the concert.

I cannot speak to the quality of that experience as I'm saving my money for when the Bu-ray of the concert is released.
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 3:51 am Reply with quote
Lily Garden wrote:
GhostD wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

Technically there are tickets you can buy on places such as SPWN so it is possible to watch the complete stream of the concert.

I cannot speak to the quality of that experience as I'm saving my money for when the Bu-ray of the concert is released.

I bought the streaming ticket for both days in SPWN.

In the end, it was worth it.

With that, I can confirm that yes, you'll need to do so to watch both days of the concert in their entirety while the VOD is still around.

One of the biggest highlights of the concert for me is the High Tide performance featuring Moona, Bae, IRyS, and Suisei in Day 2.
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 8:18 am Reply with quote
After Aqua's graduation, I'm just wondering how many of them, especially the seniors, who thought, "...I don't actually want to do this. I just want to play games."
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 3:28 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:

)

That happened with the concert last year where the camera basically missed one of Bae's big moves. I remember that one because she went off camera, but they were able to correct that later with a recording from a different camera. It highlights how much coordination this all takes to make a good show.

L'Imperatore wrote:
After Aqua's graduation, I'm just wondering how many of them, especially the seniors, who thought, "...I don't actually want to do this. I just want to play games."

I'm reminded of something Ame mentioned that was either during the interview process or shortly after she was accepted where she said she wasn't much of a singer, and the response was basically, "You better learn." I don't think it was entirely a joke.

It isn't hard to believe that Hololive has taken some turns that weren't expected. Cover was a tech company with the vtubing stuff being more of a tech demo sort of thing when Sora started.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1