• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster Game Previews Gameplay in New Director's Report Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Any chance this video & its timing is Capcom trying to swing promotion for this remaster back into a positive light? It's a bit of a tinfoil hat sort of thing to wonder, but I notice the comments on that video are a toxic pool of complaints. When this launched, a lot of the online media community that's typically excited for any & all things Capcom backed off of the excitement for this remaster due to some of the changes it got.

It's a really tough recommend because if I wanted to skateboard I'd play the excellent Tony Hawk 1+2, and the original Dead Rising is still pretty solid on PC in 2024 and infinitely more inexpensive.
RockSplash

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 5:03 pm Reply with quote
LinkTSwordmaster wrote:
Any chance this video & its timing is Capcom trying to swing promotion for this remaster back into a positive light? It's a bit of a tinfoil hat sort of thing to wonder, but I notice the comments on that video are a toxic pool of complaints. When this launched, a lot of the online media community that's typically excited for any & all things Capcom backed off of the excitement for this remaster due to some of the changes it got.

It's a really tough recommend because if I wanted to skateboard I'd play the excellent Tony Hawk 1+2, and the original Dead Rising is still pretty solid on PC in 2024 and infinitely more inexpensive.

The vast majority of people displeased are a very vocal minority compared to those who are positive. It's the same with the new SH remake, and pretty much any other modern new redo of a game. The changes that have been imposed are quite minor and most DR fans are fine with it. It helps that, unlike the SH remasters, the first game has been repeatedly ported and can still be played. You just are seeing the loudest people.
Mike Dohzart

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 5:08 pm Reply with quote
LinkTSwordmaster wrote:

The remake looks completely inferior to the original to me as well but I don't think them trying to promote it is surprising at all. Public opinion on Capcom swings back and forth like a pendulum depending how much Capcom likes to rest on its laurels and stop trying. I'm sure in a few years people will say "Capcom is so back baby!" like back in the 2018-2019 era when they dropped Mega Man 11, Monster Hunter World, and Devil May Cry 5 and won people back for awhile after years of disappointment.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1