• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Exclusive: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles x Naruto Crossover Comic's Issue #1 Variant Cover Reve

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I still can't believe this is happening.
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 1:10 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
I still can't believe this is happening.

It's definitely real and really happening.

My question is: if this TMNT X Naruto crossover succeed, could we see more of these manga/American comic book characters and franchise crossover in the future. So I'm going to make a prediction what this may look like (and this is my crossover wishlist):

My Hero Academia/Legion of Super-Heroes (I've heard fans comparing MHA to DC's Legion, so why not have them crossover if TMNT X Naruto do really well in the US and hopefully Japan).

Superman/Son Goku crossover (I mean we all want to see this. I mean we've already seen Superman & Spider-man have crossed over twice, so it shouldn't be that hard for a Superman/Goku crossover comic (or manga) to actually happen).

Star Trek (the Original series)/Space Battleship Yamato crossover (I mean I would love to see Captain Kirk and Susumu Kodai appearing on the same page together)

Star Trek/Space Pirate Captain Harlock (I don't know which Star Trek characters would I want interacting with Harlock. So I don't mind if it's Kirk, Picard, Janeway, or any of the others. Just make sure the story is consistent and interesting and doesn't cause any confusion and inconsistency. Oh and before any of you criticize you my idea of Star Trek crossing over with Captain Harlock or Space Battleship Yamato. Remember, Star Trek has crossover with X-Men, Green Lantern, Doctor Who, and Planet of the Apes. Star Trek almost crossover with Aliens (using TNG characters and setting) but it never went through. So it should be fair game for Star Trek to crossover with Yamato and Harlock.)

I also want a Power Rangers/Gatchaman (Battle of the Planets) crossover as an OEL manga because of how Gatchaman influenced the Super Sentai franchise. I also want this crossover OEL manga to receive a Japanese translation.

Speaking of Japanese translation, are there any plan for TMNT X Naruto comic to get a Japanese translation and release? Who's going to handled the Japanese version publication? Shueisha?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2024 4:47 am Reply with quote
I,like everyone else,is waiting for this crossover and I hope it succeeds. I'm glad it's really happening and I hope we get to see it really soon. I also hope that it'll open the door to other manga and comics characters meeting one another,although mdo7's list of those sort of crossovers are something we'll probably have to wait for.
Kusakabe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2024 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Why do they insist on making April a teenager lately?
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2024 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Kusakabe wrote:

Nickelodeon owns the franchise, so my guess is they’re the ones insisting on it.

I also realize that given the comic is starting in the Hidden Leaf, knowing how these crossovers go, it could have Naruto in New York by the midway point.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 2:54 am Reply with quote
Not a surprise the color of Rasengan is blue.
Traptrix Lover

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 6:16 am Reply with quote
Kusakabe wrote:

Probably the same reason they always make her black now. Marketing or trying to diversify or they find they find it weird an adult woman is hanging out with teenagers. 03 April still remains the closest she's ever been to the comics and my personal favorite version.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Traptrix Lover wrote:
Kusakabe wrote:

Probably the same reason they always make her black now. Marketing or trying to diversify or they find they find it weird an adult woman is hanging out with teenagers. 03 April still remains the closest she's ever been to the comics and my personal favorite version.

There was a bit of a controversy over if April was originally an African-American character in the original comic book (Mirage Comic series) and was "whitewashed" for the 87 TV series because of the way she was designed in the original comic. She was not black in the original comic book as more information help made this misconception debunked. To be honest, I don't mind if she's white, or black (like in the recent series), or a teenager. Heck, even Lois Lane in My Adventures with Superman is Korean-American (yes, this version of Lois Lane is Asian-American), I didn't see any controversy over that. If they made a Superman manga, and they decided to make Lois a half-Japanese character, I would be OK with that.

Hell, if they made a TMNT anime anthology in the style of Star Wars: Vision/Halo Legends, and the producers decided to make April O'Neil to be half-Japanese (let say they made April a Sansei or Yonsei generation Japanese-American and made her connected to a mystical Ninja clan in Japan), I wouldn't be upset about that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1