• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Chained Soldier Anime Reveals English Dub Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bassgs435

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Huh. Wonder if Gushing over Magical Girls will get a dub. Felt more popular than Chained Soldier, so it's weird Chained Soldier is getting it first. Or maybe Chained Soldier had more viewers than MahoAko despite everything or there are some other issues
LukaTheLancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Huh so Kyouka english VA has her debut with this, unless it is a union actor under a alias. might give this a few episodes
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Considering the show, it may just be a fake name. I have an idea who it could be but no sense saying anything when it comes out in 4 days.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 5:46 pm Reply with quote
bassgs435 wrote:
Huh. Wonder if Gushing over Magical Girls will get a dub. Felt more popular than Chained Soldier, so it's weird Chained Soldier is getting it first. Or maybe Chained Soldier had more viewers than MahoAko despite everything or there are some other issues

According to MAL Chained Soldier is more popular. I suspect Gushing will not be dubbed because Sentai doesn't usually dub heavy fanservice shows.
lemurs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Angel M Cazares wrote:
According to MAL Chained Soldier is more popular. I suspect Gushing will not be dubbed because Sentai doesn't usually dub heavy fanservice shows.

Sentai did dub Peter Grill, Vermeil in Gold and all the To Love Ru they had, so their track record of dubbing fanservicey shows isn't half bad, really. It's more like the titles that are popular on streaming get the dubs, whether they're fanservicey or not.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:18 pm Reply with quote
I haven't heard a lot of good things about Gabriel Regojo but I'm interested in giving this cast a chance.

Surprised they're giving Kyouka to a fresh VA.
chrisb
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:15 am Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
I haven't heard a lot of good things about Gabriel Regojo but I'm interested in giving this cast a chance.

I don’t think he’s a bad actor at all, but his voice doesn’t always fit his characters. I thought he was great as the main character in Call of the Night. I think that’s one thing Sentai messes up a lot. Their dubs have good direction and more natural sounding performances but a lot of miscasts. My issue with Crunchyroll dubs is the performances can be pretty poor because of the rush of simuldubs.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 7:33 pm Reply with quote
lemurs wrote:
Angel M Cazares wrote:

Sentai did dub Peter Grill, Vermeil in Gold and all the To Love Ru they had, so their track record of dubbing fanservicey shows isn't half bad, really. It's more like the titles that are popular on streaming get the dubs, whether they're fanservicey or not.

but he is right. anime companies have a tendency if not dubbing heavily ecchi like / borderline hentai anime. it was why funimation canceled the interspecies reviewers eng dub after all.

sure, peter grill, seven heavenly virtues, vermeil in gold, and to love ru are ecchi series and got a dub by sentai, there acceptable by their fanservice standards for they are not borderline psuedo hentai unlike gushing over magic girls!

and its not the first time either. remember REDO OF HEALER!? while hi dive streamed the series, they never gave it a dub for it was more or less a borderline psuedo hentai aka have some hentai elements, but not enough to label it as one which is similar to what people called yotsuga no sora years ago for it was an anime series that appeared to be hentai but its not!

so yea. the chances of gushing getting an eng dub is all but zero if you ask me.

that series will more or less be joining the other list of borderline hentai like series (interspecies reviewers, worlds end harem, harem in the labyrnth of another world & redo of healer) that will NEVER, EVER get an english dub!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NickCMedia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2024 7:12 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
so yea. the chances of gushing getting an eng dub is all but zero if you ask me.

that series will more or less be joining the other list of borderline hentai like series (interspecies reviewers, worlds end harem, harem in the labyrnth of another world & redo of healer) that will NEVER, EVER get an english dub!

Never say never. IR, FTR, is way beyond borderline towards the end of the series, hence why not even Media Blasters may dub it. And Gushing Over Magical Girls' level of fanservice doesn't even come close to that of To Love Ru, Peter Grill or Seven Heavenly Virtues. The only one of those you listed I'm certain will never get dubbed other than IR is Redo of Healer, mostly for its extremely violent content.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2024 1:18 am Reply with quote
NickCMedia wrote:
jr240483 wrote:

Never say never. IR, FTR, is way beyond borderline towards the end of the series, hence why not even Media Blasters may dub it. And Gushing Over Magical Girls' level of fanservice doesn't even come close to that of To Love Ru, Peter Grill or Seven Heavenly Virtues. The only one of those you listed I'm certain will never get dubbed other than IR is Redo of Healer, mostly for its extremely violent content.

actually, media blasters dont even do english dubs anymore so they kinda dont count, their basically on their last legs and is only holding on by a thread be cause thankfully, the owner knows all to well that if MB goes, it will mean the end of getting any hentai series legally in the US

also while its true that you are right about never saying never, considering that shinmai mao no testament and valkyrie drive got dubbed by funi & the fact that they canceled IR says a lot! so yea, you can put a fork in those series that i mentioned! they will never get a dub.

especially redo and IR!

also its a known trend that jp companies that releases previous ecchi series do not last long, so that might have a factor in US companies not wanting to use resources and money into do one as well in the event said company goes out of business in the future!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1