• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Marvel's What If…? Season 3 to Assemble Avengers' Robot Mecha, Voltron-Style

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2024 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Well, the mecha's look cool.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2024 11:55 pm Reply with quote
I hope this season the stories go further off the rails and they don't feel like they need to bring it all together in a crossover at the end of the season again. Just give me some cool stand alone what if stories and maybe even adapting some of the old comic stories.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2024 12:54 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Just give me some cool stand alone what if stories and maybe even adapting some of the old comic stories.

That makes me wonder if they'll adapt something from the Mangaverse from early 2000's. That would be a nice nod if they do that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2024 3:51 am Reply with quote
So,we may have an anime-style episode for "What If...?" I have no idea how the Japanese are going to feel about this once this gets to their country. What are they going to think of it? It'll be interesting to see.

Last edited by Snomaster1 on Mon Aug 12, 2024 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2024 2:49 pm Reply with quote
The Avengers and other Marvel characters piloting mecha is an interesting conncept, specially considering how in the late '70s and early '80s Marvel published the Shogun Warriors comic, which featured the mecha from the anime Brave Raideen, Danguard Ace and Combattler V, though they only used the desings, since it was only meant to be a tie-in to the toys that were distribured by Mattel and thus didn't feature any elements from their respective anime. If it weren't for the various rights issued, it would be cool that the Leopardon from the Japanese Spider-Man tokusatsu show could make an appearence
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2024 3:09 pm Reply with quote
So they adapting the Avengers Mech Strike comic.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2024 4:24 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:

That makes me wonder if they'll adapt something from the Mangaverse from early 2000's. That would be a nice nod if they do that.

Something like that would be fun because they could play with different styles and/or bring in some different teams/studios to do episodes.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2024 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Silver Kirin wrote:
The Avengers and other Marvel characters piloting mecha is an interesting conncept, specially considering how in the late '70s and early '80s Marvel published the Shogun Warriors comic, which featured the mecha from the anime Brave Raideen, Danguard Ace and Combattler V, though they only used the desings, since it was only meant to be a tie-in to the toys that were distribured by Mattel and thus didn't feature any elements from their respective anime. If it weren't for the various rights issued, it would be cool that the Leopardon from the Japanese Spider-Man tokusatsu show could make an appearance

Also don't forget Red Ronin as a result of Marvel's publishing the Shogun Warriors comic and other Japanese related stuff. I'm kind of surprised Marvel hasn't give Red Ronin a mecha anime adaptation given that they already did a Marvel anime package back in 2010/2011. Also don't forget Stan Lee wanted to bring Super Sentai to the US with Sun Vulcan before Haim Saban did it in 1993.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1