• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Trigun Stampede 'Final Phase' Anime Reveals Trigun Stargaze Title

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Nightow really should have gotten a manga-accurate adaptation of the Trigun manga made instead of this… thing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Casval Rem Deikun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Still trying with this thing? Damn. Well, one day it would be great to see a proper adaptation of Trigun/Maximum.
James02

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:37 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Nightow really should have gotten a manga-accurate adaptation of the Trigun manga made instead of this… thing.

It definitely deserves a faithful adaptation but this isn't all that bad if you don't mind it being a different take on the series.
ninjamitsuki

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:12 pm Reply with quote
The sooner this is over, the sooner we can get a proper 2D Trimax anime.
YackDe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:23 pm Reply with quote
ninjamitsuki wrote:
The sooner this is over, the sooner we can get a proper 2D Trimax anime.

This might say "Final Phase", but I'm sure they'll still try to milk this for all it's worth beyond Stargaze. Maybe they'll do a spinoff with the promise that in this one Meryl will have agency as a character again.
Doubleclouder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:25 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

On the bright side I think I prefer the reimagining to have been the 3D CG show. If this was the manga adaption I would still be disappointed with the animation. Hopefully if there's ever a third adaption it'll be traditional animation.
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:01 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

Oh, please. Stampede is fantastic and certainly better than the original in a lot of ways. Don't refer to it in such an diminishing way.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:08 am Reply with quote
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

Oh, please. Stampede is fantastic and certainly better than the original in a lot of ways. Don't refer to it in such a diminishing way.

It’s not terrible, per se, just really forgettable and not what Trigun fans wanted.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
YackDe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:23 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

Oh, please. Stampede is fantastic and certainly better than the original in a lot of ways. Don't refer to it in such a diminishing way.

It’s not terrible, per se, just really forgettable and not what Trigun fans wanted.

Yeah, it was an incredibly mediocre interpretation that dumbed down most of the material and basically coasted on animation alone, and wasn't what Trigun needed after 13 years of silence (especially since fans had been hoping for a faithful Maximum adaptation for even longer). Which is evident in how little impact the show actually had beyond people getting up in arms about others not liking it.
Nigel Planter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:24 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed Badlands Rumble even if it wasn't really a manga adaption or a sequel to the original anime and more of a side story. I do hope we get something more akin to that later.
trilaan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 2:25 am Reply with quote
It's true that Trigun Stampede isn't what I wanted but I've really warmed up to it. I still hope for Trigun: Brotherhood someday.
Seif

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:00 am Reply with quote
I appreciate what they were trying to do with Stampede and really love Orange as studio but...Stampede didn't really hit right for me.

Vash is almost a side character in his own show. He barely talks and you don't get really spend much time in his head. For being an iconic character that was filled with so much life in the OG series the new Vash feels so lifeless.
fausti

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:34 am Reply with quote
The mortal sin of Trigun Stampede is that it's quite boring imho. The animation is very good as I would expect of Orange, but animation can't save a poor script. I think I gave up finally around episode 8 or 9. I simply could not care about what was going on. And I do love Vash in his previous incarnation, but never warmed up to him here or cared what was happening to him. Even Badlands Rumble, a film I consider complete fluff and an incredibly overstretched tv episode, is better than this series.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:05 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

You mean not what “some” Trigun fans wanted not all of us have the same axes to grind with Stampede.
ronri

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:23 am Reply with quote
I REALLY tried to like Stampede, and I was even on board with Orange after their amazing work with Houseki no Kuni, but Stampede was genuinely underwhelming and it really mishandled Vash's characterization as the main character. This is made even worse since they were lifting direct lines/dialogue from the manga without putting in the effort and hefty characterization that actually made those lines work.

It just baffles me that we're given a whole new take of the series before ever getting a proper adaptation of Trigun Maximum and because of this, it feels like we're still a long way away from ever getting one. Maximum's story always felt like the natural progression to the old anime with how far it takes Vash's character development.

Last edited by ronri on Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2