• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Orange's Steampunk Leviathan Anime Project Shows Promise

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:30 pm Reply with quote
As I remember the books, isn't there a girl protagonist as well? Serving in the British Aerial Navy disguised as a boy?
Cho_Desu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 5:05 pm Reply with quote
dm wrote:
As I remember the books, isn't there a girl protagonist as well? Serving in the British Aerial Navy disguised as a boy?

Yes, I presume that's her in the first screenshot in the article. (Deryn, posing as Dylan.)
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to it!
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Cho_Desu wrote:
dm wrote:

Yes, I presume that's her in the first screenshot in the article. (Deryn, posing as Dylan.)

I hope we didn't just commit a spoiler. My memory is that we're introduced to Deryn early on, and always know her secret.
Cho_Desu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:28 pm Reply with quote
dm wrote:
Cho_Desu wrote:
dm wrote:

I hope we didn't just commit a spoiler. My memory is that we're introduced to Deryn early on, and always know her secret.

Don't worry, this is all established right away in her first point-of-view chapter.
eternalblue81

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow, I had no idea this book series was being adapted! I really enjoyed it years ago when I experienced it through audiobook form read by Alan Cumming, but had been meaning to eventually read the books and see how the illustrations matched up with what I'd imagined.
FishLion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Could not imagine a better studio to tackle these cool bioships, I am so excited for this one
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1