• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Romance of the Three Kingdoms 8 Remake Game Releases on October 24

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2024 11:39 am Reply with quote
That certainly has my attention now - at a glance, it looks like they're actually sprucing the game up and not just giving it modern graphics & going home. It should be noted that the Switch version risks having performance issues.

RotTK and Nobunaga's Ambition aren't 1:1 copies of Civilization games, a lot of the attraction to the series lies in the portrayal of "historical" stories/battles/characters and your personal relationships with them. Including more formal systems to track your progress in these stories, track character relationships, and then be able to choose to follow along closely with history or diverge into a more fantasy-oriented "what-if" scenario where you try and keep certain individuals alive that had originally met untimely demises.... So long as the pacing of the season-to-season gameplay continues to proceed smoothly, I think they may certainly have a winner here.

Making the event qualifications a bit more "in-your-face" has the potential to impede vet players, but if it's implemented well, I'm already leaning towards suggesting new players give this one a try - it's been a while since they've managed to shift my opinion on that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1