• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
I Parry Everything (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 5:32 pm Reply with quote

I Parry Everything (TV)

Source:

Demographic:

Animation Studio:

Genres:

Themes:

Plot Summary: The Kingdom of Clays faces a conflict that will shape the face of the continent for centuries to come...but Noor doesn't have a clue about any of that. Having freshly arrived at the royal capital after over a decade of rigorous, isolated training at his mountain home, he's dead set on achieving his childhood dream of becoming an adventurer, even if the only skills he possesses are useless ones.

Sure, he can [Parry] thousands of swords in the span of a single breath, but everybody knows you need more than that if you want to be an adventurer.

Air Date & Platform:
July 4, 2024 (Thursday)
Available on: HIDIVE

Episode Count / Runtime:
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:19 am Reply with quote
Well now, color me surprised. The title makes you expect nothing special and the first episode was no masterpiece but comparing it to Ossan Newbie Adventurer which has quite a few similarities to it shows how much difference a bump in quality can make.

Yes, the mc does not know how strong he is, but for once it makes sense for him to have warped sensibilities due to his upbringing (or rather the lack of). The mc is strong by using his skill but that skill is all he has and its effectiveness was not gifted to him, it was forged over the course of many years filled with effort.

Add to that the mc is likeable, the presentation is charming and people such as the intructors being reasonable and I am rather interested in seeing more.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1