• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hasbro Reveals Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Rita's Rewind Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Chicken

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:42 pm Reply with quote
I enjoy the fact Shredder's Revenge kicked off a bunch of these beautiful 2D sprite games. Might check it out at some point even if I have zero interest in Power Rangers. At least it's the original series which I'm at least familiar with.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:56 pm Reply with quote
I know 2D Brawlers are all the rage now but kind of surprised it took them this long to do for the Power Rangers.

It looks really fun though. Not sure about the first-person Megazord fights though.
NieR

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2024 3:49 am Reply with quote
The SNES version of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers was one of my favorite games as a kid. It was cool seeing characters from the show/game back in a new 2D sidescrolling beat-em-up game, like Bones, Eye Guy, and one of my favorite characters in MMPR, Goldar, who was heavily underutilized in the SNES game. Definitely want to get a physical version of Rita's Rewind on Switch and PS4.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:05 am Reply with quote
Quick Question: I assume this will get a Japanese release at some point, right?

I want to remind people that several Digital Eclipse's retro game did get release in Japan like for example Street Fighter 30th Anniversary, TMNT: The Cowabunga Collection, and I think SNK 40th Anniversary Collection too. So if Power Ranger: Rita's Rewind get release in Japan, I assume they'll keep the name intact (MMPR did get a Japanese dub after all along with subsequent Power Rangers series after that) and not naming it Super Sentai Zyuranger: Bandora's Rewind.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
snake-eyes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2024 11:04 am Reply with quote
I was never a fan of Power Rangers, but I Love 2D Brawlers! With G.I. Joe Wrath of Cobra arriving later this year, albeit only on Switch (hopefully only a 6 month exclusive), I eagerly will get this game as soon as it is available. Now if Wrath of Cobra is a hit, maybe a G.I. Joe Transformers Brawler could happen.
Kusakabe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm always in when Mighty Morphin is involved.
R.G.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2024 2:26 am Reply with quote
Should there be a Robo-Zedd to interact with Lord Zedd himself?
OpenYourEels4TheNextFeels

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:24 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:

I am actually not sure it will. The 2019 fighting game "Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid" was never able to be released in Japan, and I remember hearing/reading that the rights issues were the reason.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:11 pm Reply with quote
OpenYourEels4TheNextFeels wrote:
mdo7 wrote:

I am actually not sure it will. The 2019 fighting game "Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid" was never able to be released in Japan, and I remember hearing/reading that the rights issues were the reason.

Yeah, rights issues are a pain. But that didn't stop them from importing Battle for the Grid though if they wanted it physically or digitally.

Though IIRC, a few of Digital Eclipse titles did make their way in Japan. Hopefully the same case for Rita's Rewind for a worldwide distribution too. (Though most Digital Eclipse games have been worldwide anyways.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1