• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: NY Times Recounts How Twitter 'Threadnought' Spawned by Vic Mignogna's Lawsuit Led to Lawy

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Turtleboy76

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Ahh im sure this will be a constructive thread. Last paragraph seems EXTREMELY bias. Wasn't he found to not be guilty of actual claims made by people or is this site just using any excuse to bash on him?
PatrickD

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
To think this team of legal minds was formed from a comical tweet by Mignogna's lawyer is wildly fascinating.

Correction: The Threadnought started when Greg Doucette (the NC lawyer mentioned, but not named, in the NY Times article) first posted about Vic asking "Who is Vic? And why does he have a moron representing him on a bumptious defamation claim?" He asked, people answered, and he started "The Threadnought" on June 6, 2019. (The Threadnought officially starts here: https://x.com/greg_doucette/status/1136687481624170501 )

The "comical tweet" that triggered this was when Akiva Cohen had retweeted someone else's photo of the letter Vic's lawyer had mailed (not tweeted). https://x.com/AkivaMCohen/status/1136418919399510020
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 8:19 am Reply with quote
Sexual predator Vic Mignogna’s stench continues to haunt anime fandom.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Zefram

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 9:32 am Reply with quote
Turtleboy76 wrote:
Ahh im sure this will be a constructive thread. Last paragraph seems EXTREMELY bias. Wasn't he found to not be guilty of actual claims made by people or is this site just using any excuse to bash on him?

Vic was not sued, so it was never about him " found guilty in a court of law". His employer (Funimation) investigated accusations against him, found them credible and fired him. Vic filed defamation lawsuit against Funimation and his accusers, he LOST those lawsuit. Meaning their accusations were credible enough = implied that Vic was guilty so he can't sue for defamation.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 10:39 am Reply with quote
Zefram wrote:
Turtleboy76 wrote:

Vic was not sued, so it was never about him " found guilty in a court of law". His employer (Funimation) investigated accusations against him, found them credible and fired him. Vic filed defamation lawsuit against Funimation and his accusers, he LOST those lawsuit. Meaning their accusations were credible enough = implied that Vic was guilty so he can't sue for defamation.

The man owes them approximately half a million dollars.

http://4NN.cx/.193475
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
flamemasterelan

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Turtleboy76 wrote:

My dude, he confessed to it in court, he just doesn't agree that yanking his female coworkers by the hair to whisper things in their ears is "sexual harassment." Pick a new hill to die on.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1