• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Code Geass: Rozé of the Recapture Anime Debuts on Disney+ on June 21 as 12 Weekly Episodes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 10:00 pm Reply with quote
As many others have pointed out in the past, Disney hasn't done that great of a job in regards to the distribution and promotion of anime in their streaming services, especially compared to other services like Netflix, but with this announcement I think the new Code Geass project won't fall into the same issues that affected other anime on Disney+/Star+ like Black Rock Shooter: Dawnfall, Sumer Time Rendering, Tengoku Daimakyo, Undead Unluck, etc.
Moreover, I think this probably means that Rozé is getting dubbed, which would be interesting for Latin American viewers like me, since no Geass anime got dubbed into Spanish, there were rumors that Funimation was going to dub the OG series intoSpanish, but those plans got scrapped when they merged with Crunchyroll. Honestly, I find it kind of annoying when a spin-off or sequel gets dubbed first, for example, the first season of Date A Live hasn't been dubbed into LA Spanish, but the rest of the series is. Magia Record Madoka Magica was also dubbed into LA Spanish, but Puella Magi has not received a dub.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 10:52 pm Reply with quote
That's cool in the sense of being able to watch Code Geass weekly again.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 10:00 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Gode Geass: Z of the Recapture

A tiny oops on the old title; Code Geass, not Gode Geass.

I'm
cautiously optimistic about this new rendition. CG is definitely still a series near and dear to my heart.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1