• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Video Game Rankings, January 8-14 [2024-01-20]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:10 pm Reply with quote
So besides Persona 3 Remake what's the next big game for Japan?

I hope Another Code: Recollection puts up decent numbers for Nintendo to consider another puzzle game like it.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:32 am Reply with quote
ZelosZoidberg wrote:

There's Final Fantasy VII Rebirth at the end of February. I personally think it's going to do better numbers in Japan compared to what Final Fantasy XVI did last year
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Silver Kirin wrote:
ZelosZoidberg wrote:

There's Final Fantasy VII Rebirth at the end of February. I personally think it's going to do better numbers in Japan compared to what Final Fantasy XVI did last year
Ah I either forgot about that or assumed it was already out. Not a fan of VII but to each their own (mine being VI,IV and IX with a side of XIV). Game is going to be doing gangbusters.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:03 pm Reply with quote
So you further confirm that you don't follow game sales weekly (yet you are in the sales comments on a consistent basis so there's no way you could miss it) and never see when Square Enix (or any publisher for that fact) releases a new trailer and advertises that the game is coming out in February on the biggest social media platforms. There's literally a Rebirth covered bus in London right now. Sony released a "Upcoming games in 2024" trailer on January 4th (Rebirth is in that trailer). Square Enix announced in December they are re-releasing FF7 Advent Children in theaters in Japan in January and in America in February just before Rebirth (which will include a Rebirth interview to promote the game before release). How do I know all of this? Because I follow "games". Even the ones I don't care about (better to be knowledgeable than lack knowledge). You don't have to be interested in a game, but to act like you've never seen it be repeatedly advertised (You are on ANN and ANN reports on Rebirth yet you don't see Rebirth articles?) is a..... If you want to be under a rock then that's your prerogative. You've got google to answer any outdated questions you have. There's literally a wikipedia page that lists all (and upcoming) PS5 releases. Same for Nintendo and Xbox. You know Persona 3 is coming but not Rebirth. That is hilarious.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1