• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Berserk Manga Starts New Arc, Gets New Chapter on September 22

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:07 am Reply with quote
Is it known if the new volume will include that chapter, and how many chapters total will be in it? I’m still a bit concerned about how small the book’s gonna be.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:39 am Reply with quote
At least this chapter was held on ice by YA, something one of the artists revealed. It better be the new volume. Peak is back on the menu.

The new cover:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F5QnA5YWQAAsD9V?format=jpg&name=900x900
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SP654

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:10 pm Reply with quote
I wish they’d bring back the anime To start where they left off at berserk(2017)
flamemasterelan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:29 pm Reply with quote
SP654 wrote:
I wish they’d bring back the anime To start where they left off at berserk(2017)

Please, no. Berserk is almost impossible to adapt properly, but if it's going to be adapted, why would you want to tie its future to the worst adaptation of the series yet?

They should either start over from the Black Swordsman arc after the Golden Age Trilogy's recent recut, or start from scratch again.
gsilver

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:35 pm Reply with quote
If they adapt Berserk again, it should be at either Black Swordsman or Lost Children.
After LC, they can re-adapt the rest of the Conviction arc and pretend that Berserk 2016 never happened.

Though I thought that we were on a new arc already? When I last looked at the manga, they had already left the blasted island that it took a decade to get to.
flamemasterelan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:13 pm Reply with quote
gsilver wrote:
If they adapt Berserk again, it should be at either Black Swordsman or Lost Children.
After LC, they can re-adapt the rest of the Conviction arc and pretend that Berserk 2016 never happened.

I'd go for the Black Swordsman arc. The Count was never adapted and I feel like there's a lot of setup there that will turn out to be important (the behelit that Guts retrieved, for example).
gedata

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:41 am Reply with quote
SP654 wrote:

Dude sometimes you just gotta know when to give up
k_ozdragon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:05 am Reply with quote
SP654 wrote:

Hey, I'm with you. The last season or so was unfortunate due to production issues. I don't think the CGI was terrible. The actual movies looked quite good. Berserk is definitely not impossible to adapt. The early original anime work was just fine. What I'd really love is for studio Wit or Mappa to adapt the manga. Look at what they did with Attack On Titan. It's a beautiful anime.

On a separate note, I was really saddened by Miura's death. Knowing that Berserk may well be one of the best stories never finished was heart wrenching. Especially since the manga has been running for so long, and is legendary. Knowing that his friend, whom helped develop many of the plot points, is still alive is great news. Especially since he's stating that he knows the ending of the material via his long friendship with the author and involvement in the franchise.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:52 pm Reply with quote
The films and the CG show flopped and Berserk 2016/17 is widely hated in Japan. The Saga Project got so broke that Vol 40 got an audio drama with reboot VAs. THAT broke.
We first of all need time removed from these to ask for any more anime and the film recut failed to gain any traction so that didn´t help. Not everything needs an anime and we need an ending first of all to create a new marketing opportunity.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1